Coco Chanel Pearls Strung with Ribbon!

MotherOfPearlTrumpet

Found these on an EBay site...I've never seen pearls strung with knotted ribbon!
@StevieBoy I can see you enjoying something like this! WOW! 28"-5 Rows.
1687442361550.png

1687442393981.png

1687442428836.png

Interesting design!
The pearls look like imitation pearls to me (didn't open the link)

I agree...I believe that look is 100% intentional. Some may not like it...other will love it I guess!
I find it different and if worn with fakes I think I'm all in. If it had been SSPs....maybe not!
Love the ribbons too!
Love variety!

Hahah, yeah, I saw those safety pin Mikis and I thought WHO the he!! is going to buy that? And didn't safety pin jewelry go out in the 1990s? Or is it back? I can imagine someone buying this is it was faux pearls or baroque freshies, but Mikis?

Oddly enough, I kinda like the half pearl / half chain necklace which is adjustable for length. I just do not like the safety pin part.

Check out the article I found called "Brave New Pearls"...lots of people are buying these "edgy" Mikimoto pearls. Also check out the designer Mateo. He's got some interesting designs on this link. I think its really fun to see where the pearl trends are going. They are calling them "Gender Fluid" Jewelry.

Hahah, yeah, I saw those safety pin Mikis and I thought WHO the he!! is going to buy that? And didn't safety pin jewelry go out in the 1990s? Or is it back? I can imagine someone buying this is it was faux pearls or baroque freshies, but Mikis?

Oddly enough, I kinda like the half pearl / half chain necklace which is adjustable for length. I just do not like the safety pin part.
I'm working on my 2nd "Halfsies" (My name for this trend) necklace, using 1/2 of a Byzantine sterling silver bracelet with a toggle clasp and adding some pearls to the others side. I think that is a trendy and very nice look. I'll post it when it's done. Designer Mason Grace is calling her 1/2 and 1/2 necklaces "Split Personality" I LOVE this name for this necklace.

I saw this, not a fan!! I cant help wonder “what would Mikimoto think of this design?” Probably not what he had envisioned
I think Mikimoto just wanted to make money selling pearls!! Like any company, if you don't diversify your designs, you run the risk of becoming irrelevant. I once read that Swiss watch makers believed that the battery watch was going to come to nothing and they did nothing to jump on that "new technology." We can all see now what a bad decision that was...only serious collectors still wind their watches every morning.

The classic Miki's are still selling great, especially among the Ivy League parents who buy strands for their Georgetown and Notre Dame daughters (and Sons???). I know, my sister purchased these for her daughters when they graduated from these schools because that is "The Gift" celebrating that accomplishment. Not to mention all those classic wedding pearls.
1687616467603.png

Back