Circled Tahitian bracelet

SydK

I just finished making a bracelet from some big, inexpensive Tahitians from Wen - the colours of the pearls are surprisingly great. And I was delighted by how easy they were to string compared to the 2mm rice pearl strand I made immediately beforehand, and the tourmalines you can see on the board that I’m in the midst of re-doing.

ACCF0B66-C408-45E5-89EF-7BF3EB558153.jpg
A53D1907-E241-4806-85C2-405E5A5CCE13.jpg
B1BEBCAC-3E20-4E84-BB44-1AD205A7149E.jpg

SydK, what nice big shiny Tahitians, and nice knotting! Wen has had some nice Tahitians recently.

A great display of baroque shapes! They have a nice presence.

Beautiful bracelet SydK. I haven't bought two strands of drop tahitians from Wenpearls last year and most of them had wonderful colors. You will have trouble looking at anything else while wearing it.

Very very nice bracelet SydK! How big are the pearls, they really have a presence on your wrist! I enjoy Wen’s pearls, they are all the pleasure without the guilt :) She has had some really nice colorful tahitians this year, I couldn’t resist either and am waiting for a circled strand of hers...fingers crossed...

I was catching up on missed posts recently and saw your beautiful bracelet. Now I have some Tahitian pearls on order from Wen—my first. I can’t wait to see them. Thank you for the inspiration!

I missed this post before- I love the plump, colorful Tahitians, Syd!

Great pearls. I'd be staring at my wrist all time time. Is that a magnetic clasp? I always have problems doing up bracelets. That looks like a great clasp for pearls.

Thanks, everyone, for your kind comments. I’ve been wearing this bracelet a lot lately, and enjoying it - the colourful pearls are a wonderful distraction in boring meetings :)
Eolian, the pearls are 11-12mm, which is a bit bigger than most of my bracelets, but I quite like the bulk. And Bweaves, yes, it’s a ss magnetic clasp, which I find really practical and easy to use, although I have found it easier to do up other bracelets since I saw the brilliant post by someone here (purranha?) about using an elastic band looped over a finger to hold one end of the clasp in place.

Back