Can someone help me indentify these pearls please?

Hello everyone!

So, about 7 years ago, my grandmother got me some pearls as a graduation present. A pearl necklace and a set of pearl earrings. I got them out of my jewelry box the other day and have tried to look into finding out what kind they are and if they're worth anything. Every jeweler I have called, has no interest in them or knowledge in telling me their value or kind. I have taken a few pictures and was wondering if anyone could help me out. The clasp on the necklace says 14kt.

SAM_1332.jpgSAM_1330.jpgSAM_1320.jpg

Thank you for your time!

Hi there and welcome to the f?rum!

I don't know if others agree with me but your pearls look like Akoya pearls to me, slightly off round for Japanese Akoyas so I might say they are Chinese Akoyas, but they have good luster and a nice pinkish overtone.

It is a nice gift to remember your grandmother.

Hello mb24 and welcome!

What an unfortunate experience with the jewelers, sorry to hear about it. The resale value of pearls is pretty low, unfortunately. But lots of sentimental value as a special gift.

Agree with Douglas, most likely Akoya pearls. Suggest you check Ruby Lane for similar necklaces with 14k clasp to get an idea of value. Your photos are not close up enough to check for blemishes.
Many of us started our pearl wardrobe with a set like yours. Here is a discussion of ways to get a variety of looks with the classic strand.

Back