can anyone help me to tell me about these.

M

moana

Hello ,
can anyone give me any information on these pearls.
are they cultured?
dyed?
ect .
thankyou:)
moana

Attachments

• pearls from mercedez 008.jpg
    pearls from mercedez 008.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 30
  • pearl 001.jpg
    pearl 001.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 31
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Moana,
Do you have an attachment or link you can post so we can see them? Perhaps your attachment didn't upload.

here are the pics had to resize image so very small hope you can help

Hi Moana,

Do you have a gauge to measure the pearls? How long is the strand? The size of the pearls helps to determine what they could be. Same with the pearl in the ring. Is the clasp on the necklace and ring itself 14k or 18k? The pearls in the necklace look quite smooth, do any have a light circled band around any of the pearls? Were they recent gifts, or have they been in someone's family a long time?

They both are very attractive pieces! Lucky you!

Pattye

Thanks for your help and guidence.
Thankfully i did not purchase the black pearls ,i also was kind of thinking they maybe dyed.
the pearl on the ring i was given in Polynesia so i hope that is a cultured pearl and real.
thanks all for your help
Moana:)

Hello Moana,
In reading your reply, I got the impression you might have thought that having dyed black pearls is not good. Most black pearls are dyed, and many are very pretty and lusterous. Yours look well matched and pretty in the photo, and nearly round. Jeremy Shepherd and many others on this forum sell dyed black freshwaters, and some of us:D buy them too!!!
Pattye

Back