Body Parts

I think all the creations are neat, but Sherri's mermaid is my fav.

How interesting that they were worn on the sleeves ! Never ever would have thought that .. geeez those clothes must have been uncomfortable!

Well, we are talking about people who didn't have to move. They were the upper crust and had people to wait on them hand and foot.

Also, Sherri's Mermaid is definitely my favorite.

Such gorgeous pieces! Sheri, your mermaid is my fave of the bunch!

As nice as the renaissance pieces are, I still find Sheri's mermaid to be far more amazing than any of the other pieces! True to Sheri's mermaids, this one also have boobs and buns! I mean look at her! And that fiery head of pearl hair!!! LUV!

Yup, what Purr said! Sheri, your mermaid tops my list of favorite pearl scultures! ...and your octos, and your dragon.... :)

Here is one:

Pearl Ruby Emerald.jpg

I haven't seen this thread before but...Whoa Mama!!!! So very, very cool! I just love Sheri's mermaid the best!!! She's gorgeous, ethereal, just magnificent!!!!

What was your reaction to seeing him in person? Is he tiny, large? Just right? Did he grab your attention, or was he just meh in person?

What was your reaction to seeing him in person? Is he tiny, large? Just right? Did he grab your attention, or was he just meh in person?

He wasn't tiny, maybe 2.5 inches? He was a pendant, made between 1575 and 1625. There were so many truly breathtaking pieces of jewelry, household items, and objects of art studded with pearls and gems that he really paled in comparison.

I hope necro-ing isn't too frowned upon, but this thread reminds me of an ep of JTV about using pearls sculpturally. This is a great episode with jewelry artist Avi Raz. I suspect most of you are familiar with his work and would enjoy this ep as much as I do.

https://youtu.be/kRSwi1LpbKo

Back