BCFW akoya or SS?

parfaitelumiere

I would be interested in this necklace if south sea, because I have no south sea pearls for now.
size is 7,8mm, clasp is white gold.
As pictures are sellers, I can't make specific on white background.
The first and second picture makes me think about sous sea or blurry akoya.
Last picture makes me think about not too reflective akoya or maybe freshwater.
As the clasp doesn't seem very old, it can be all 3.
But color sorting, and overal "velouté" shinyness would make think about south sea.
In all cases, bead cultured.

hum after some pictures check and some keshi ss I have here, I think the strand is more probably akoya.

s-l1600-3.jpg

s-l1600-2.jpg

s-l1600-1.jpg

Last edited:
Too small for south sea.
More colorful overtones than I usually see in photos of FWP, so my guess is akoya.

Either they don't have great luster, or else the original photo came out too dark, and photoshopping it to increase exposure made the bright reflections larger and fuzzier.

akoya was also my final bet.
I wil see, and maybe take it, not so bad, a quite good choker for a reasonnable price, even pearls are not the brightest and well matched.
I would also find 2 8,5mm akoya pearls, and if possible 2 9mm too, to complete a nice old strand I found recently.
The biggest pearl is 9,5mm, I wanted to make the necklace stronger, removing the smallest and some with defects and replace using larger ones.
I don't know who to ask it, and send him a pearl as a reference.

They look like they may have been recently restrung. The gimp isn't frayed and the knots look tight.

Back