Are these Biwa pearls?

They can be analyzed with a microscopic sampling, but I doubt they are worth so much that you would want to spend the money. I say spend the money on more pearls! :)

Wow, that last photo is terrific, as is the one Pearl Dreams posted. There can't be too many photos of such beautiful pearls. :)

I've redone them several times as I got a second strand in later years. Currently they are strung on Soft Touch as a 2-strand (same length) necklace-- they are small and need the volume to look like much. I intertwine them sometimes with a small tourmaline necklace. I wore them a lot during the 1980s but less since then as I have so many more pearls as well as stone beads.

I used some leftover pearls to make a slender bracelet but I never wear it, so I may take it apart and use the pearls to make dangly earrings one of these days.

The Soft Touch is quite flexible but the next time I may string them with 10# Power Pro and use gimp.

Last edited:
Those pearls would look great on dangly earrings. Were you thinking of clusters?

Wow! I've been trying to find photos of REAL Biwa pearls but it's very difficult to be certain that the item is what it is claimed to be. Great to see a strand that you agree is very likely Biwas. They look quite different than I had thought actually, so I guess I only know the pearls that came AFTER - from China - that were CALLED Biwas. Gosh, still so much to learn!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 36
Back