Anyone purchase a high end strand from Kamoka?

Mayacamas

Hello,

I am considering getting a very expensive strand from Kamoka, and I am wondering if anyone has a strand from them and if they would be willing to share some photos?

Thank you!
Maya

I bought this harvest strand about 2 years ago. I like it very much. I think their return policy is very open, and they are very nice people to work with. You could send a message.
kamoka_strand.jpg
and just for fun a pair of Kamoka earrings that I love:
kamoka_earrings2.jpeg
kamoka_earrings1.jpeg

They have gorgeous, sustainably farmed pearls. I have had mine for 10years and have worn them hundreds of times. Still as beautiful as ever. Sorry I am tech challenged when it comes to photos.

Here are search results for posts that contain the word "Kamoka" in the Show Us Your Pearls forum. There ought to be some photos! :)

https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/search.php?searchid=1083063

Oh dear, the link broke. Well, you can do a search this way:
1. click on the green box with the icon of the magnifying glass to the right of the search field, near the top right of this page.
2. On the page that comes up, select the left tab for "search single content type" and then enter the word "Kamoka" for keyword.
3. Below that, under Additional Options, in the section called Search in Forum(s) scroll to highlight "Show Us Your pearls!"
4. For "Show results as" select "posts", then click on "search now".

Last edited:
I have a strand of Kamoka, purchased personally from Josh in Portland, that I spilt into a strand and a bracelet. Let me see if I can repost the old pictures. I just restrung the bracelet, removing the faceted rubies, grouping the 10 pearls that are Kamoka, and put 2 less good Tahitians at the end, separated by two SSP so I can be sure to know which is which. Now I am wearing it again :)

I have had these pearls for several years now and I will say that they are worth it. But remember that no matter the quality, there is light in which they look uniformly grey and light where they show such subtle variety of color that I can't stop looking at them. I was able to arrange the ten in the bracelet in ombre going from aqua to purple but if I was to take a picture of them where I am sitting now, you would not be impressed :)

It is the only Tahitian strand I own and I feel I got it right. I only have one because it covers all my needs.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hmm, these pictures are not that good, blurry too. I'll see if I can transfer the latest from my phone and see if they are any better.

Here is the latest, bracelet after second restringing but before the final one where I arranged in ombre.

attachment.php

- Karin

PS
These pearls were sold as off-round.

Last edited:
Thank you all. What I have read going through the posts are that the Kamoka pearls have unique colors and intense luster relative to other Tahitians.

I have some very colorful and lustrous pearls that are not from Kamoka farm specifically, so I would not say that exactly.

Pearls from Rikitea (also French Polynesia and therefore also "Tahitians", but from the Gambier Islands), are amazingly colorful and lustrous! And I have wonderful colorful Tahitians that are from Pearl Paradise (see below).

But Kamoka pearls are also colorful and lustrous. :)

Edited to add, that oysters, like humans, are affected by age. The most colorful and lustrous Tahitian pearls are often the smaller ones. By the time an oyster has lived long enough to be able to produce large pearls, the nacre is often less colorful. It's not as common to see large Tahitians strands with intense color as smaller strands, in my experience.

These 8.0-9.7mm pearls were bought from Pearl Paradise (their photo, taken under studio lighting.) We bought them for our daughter but she wasn't into pearls and now my H wears them! ;)
8.0-9.7mm round Tahitian strand from PP.jpg

Last edited:
Lucky hubby (if that's what "H" stands for) to wear that gorgeous strand! I'd arm-wrestle my hubby for dibs on wearing that strand. LOL!

"H" is definitely hubby! Here he is wearing it. (I really need to snap a new photo though; I've posted this one before.)

Husband wearing Tahitians.jpg

From what I have seen here, pearls from Rikitea are more colorful than my Kamokas. I would call the colors on mine subtle. It also wasn’t the most expensive of them, probably what would equal the $3000 ones I see in their shop. Apart from the one from PP above, there was another one from PP at Christmas that Andrew helped buy for his mother.

One of the key points about Kamoka is that they come with a story. You know the farm, you can meet the couple who runs it, you know how they run it...

- Karin

See if this link works. I'm hoping it's a link to the search results for Kamoka in the thread PearlDreams tried to link. I got results when I completed the search, so hopefully the link works.

https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/search.php?searchid=1095244

I've bought a few Kamoka items, 1 strand, 1 floating necklace, and 2 Mana necklaces. The strand was pretty recent (within the last few months), it's still on their site, but says "Sold", the Coral Attol one. Definitely not their most expensive, but let me tell you, it is gorgeous. The photos I took don't begin to do it justice. I can only imagine one of their higher end strands would be utterly exquisite. The floating necklace is also beautiful. I love the mana necklaces, too (one is mine, the other was a gift), but they are not one of their highest quality pearls, they're not meant to be.

"H" is definitely hubby! Here he is wearing it. (I really need to snap a new photo though; I've posted this one before.)

View attachment 67911
Oh, I LOVE this look on men, too! I shall not show this to my hubby (because I want to wear all the pearls, ALL the time!) . LOL! The colours on this strand are gorgeous, and it looks great with the colours in his shirt.

Attaching two of my Kamoka strands. They are both multicolor strands, but one is more colorful with higher contrast. Josh and Celeste are wonderful to work with. I would suggest contacting them if you have any questions.
86BF23E3-0087-40B7-803A-CB4A617DB795.jpg

4F27865C-0656-475F-9CC4-CD28C62424AF.jpg

There are also Fiji pearls -- https://www.fijipearls.com/. The Duchess of Sussex was gifted with a multicolor strand when the royals toured Fiji. You can find photos with Google.

Back