Anybody heard of Vantel pearls?

saltwater.jpg Then why does Vantel state differently? Consultants state they're freshwater, but the company states saltwater.
SaltwaterFreshwater.jpg Oh wait.....seems they changed their mind (and story)!

Last edited:
Then why does Vantel state differently? Consultants state they're freshwater, but the company states saltwater.
Oh wait.....seems they changed their mind (and story)!

Yet more evidence Vantel is broadly complicit in the scam. Clearly malfeasance at the highest levels of the corporation.

I noticed the profile page of Vantel CEO, Joan Hartel has a link to their ethics policy governed by the Direct Selling Association. (Underlining mine, pointing directly to fraudulent acts which deliberately contravene the association's policies).

Our Code of Ethics protects consumers and independent salespeople with standards that ensure member companies are held accountable when it comes to claims about earnings, product and other important areas.

Our member companies must provide their independent salespeople with accurate information about products and services, sales and marketing methods and compensation plans
Our member companies and members of their independent salesforce must provide documentation for claims and representations when marketing products/services and the opportunity to become a direct seller
Our members must honor the repurchase policy, requiring the company to purchase any unused inventory from independent salespeople within 12 months at 90 percent or more of the original cost
Our member companies must provide adequate training to their independent salespeople on ethics, marketing practices and field interactions
Our members must offer reasonable entry fees and costs and encourage salespeople to purchase reasonable levels of inventory

Our Code of Ethics requires independent salespeople affiliated with DSA member companies to adhere to the Code’s guidelines and ensure a high level of professionalism, customer service and business ethics when interacting with consumers.

Independent salespeople must respect a consumer’s wishes to discontinue a product demonstration or a sales interaction
Independent salespeople must market income representations and product descriptions consistent with company directives and ethics training
Independent salespeople must provide a receipt from the member company that permits the consumer to withdraw from a purchase order within a minimum of three days from the date of the purchase transaction and receive a full refund of the purchase price

Even more disturbing in this video, she clearly instructs her consultants to "ignore" and "not share" complaints on social media and stick to the script provided by Vantel. She is verbally instructing the consultants to not complain, solely because it's negative. Again, knowingly pivoting from illegal acts by deliberately placing an onus of silence upon their client base, lest they lose money or fail. As part of that script, the CEO instructs consultants to perpetuate the untruth that Vantel has never had nor has any legal issues in 28 years of operation.

[video]https://vimeo.com/user59467428[/video]

Vantel has not responded to my request for information and access to company officials for an interview of record. However, I did find a copy of the policy procedures sheet provided to consultants from another source.

VANTEL PEARLS POLICIES AND PROCEDURES

There was one other video which inadvertently played following the posted link.

https://vimeo.com/198144119

The video is greatly disturbing as well because she's also laying complaints and issues at the feet of consultants merely for voicing them. At the very end of the video, derides making complaints on social media as though it's the consultant's fault, and little else.

With certainty, don't ask, don't tell is the ethical procedure which Vantel continues to follow, under the guise of something it's not.

In either of these videos, Vantel ironically attempts to address the legal issues surrounding late or not received shipments, but clearly skirts the greater issues of safe handling procedures, source of the pearls, their coloration and value. All four remain knowingly misrepresented, outright fraudulent and a growing threat to public health and safety.

Clearly these videos demonstrate complicity with several levels the corporate structure in this scam, by echoing identical unwritten policies meant to deceive customers, deride complaints or deflect unlawful behavior.

Last edited:
Here's the thing.

By producing these recent videos, Vantel has revealed a "chink in their armor". Simply by making those statements, they allude to the knowledge of our existence and the actions taken to reveal their misdeeds.

It's not over yet. Far from it. In fact I've only just begun to undermine this scam from a lawful standpoint. Having previously sued EXXON and BP (as a representative of a class action in the United States) and prevailed, I'm not intimidated by any corporation operating in an illegal manner.

Go Dave! One suggestion...if you know which state Vantel is incorporated in, contact that state Attorney General's office. Alternatively, I would assume a larger state, like CA, has a higher number of people scammed...maybe a good idea to give the new CA AG a heads up.

Hey Dave, I will be contacting you through your website with some additional info that came from a Facebook visitor. I did get the person's ok to share, but don't want to post publically.

And kudos to you moneymeister for doing your Facebook page! I "liked" it on my business page...I must get at least one message a day asking me if I know where to buy Tahitian pearls in their shells...I just send them the link back to your page.

Thanks JP. UGH, tonight I had three messages from new wannabe salespersons and one in tears because her "Akoya" weren't Akoya and she just purchased several hundred dollars into her business and she did not want to be dishonest.

I *almost* wrote a really nasty post about the fact if I sold them marijuana, they would have bought all my oregano and never knew the difference. I am stepping away from the page for a bit. I don't want to be mean.

Not trying to be cloak and dagger but I bet this page is monitored by the pearl party folks.

Last edited:
Go Dave! One suggestion...if you know which state Vantel is incorporated in, contact that state Attorney General's office. Alternatively, I would assume a larger state, like CA, has a higher number of people scammed...maybe a good idea to give the new CA AG a heads up.

Vantel Pearls, Inc.
111 Forbes Blvd.
Mansfield, MA 02048 USA
Email: support@vantelpearls.com
Phone: 1-855-213-1142
Fax: 508-698-3964

A good suggestion, although this is undoubtedly a federal issue. The AG's of the respective states would hand this off to the Federal Trade Commission.

I am preparing a report for The Canadian Trade Commissioner Service in my country, which consultants import Vantel products.

One other thing that really irks me in this scam, is Vantel's deception of enabling battered or abused women as though they're motivated to philanthropy when in reality are targeting the exploitation of this same group for profit, whilst knowingly lying to them and having them lie on their behalf. Not to mention poisoning them, their families and homes by encouraging them to handle hazardous materials without adequate training, barrier protection and certifiable documentation.

When these women start developing sicknesses and the personal injury suits start piling up, Vantel will have created it's own monster, irrespective of anything we've said or done. However, many of these consultants have been warned by us, yet choose to ignore the risks.

Sadly, that level intransigence may disqualify them from compensation, because they know the risks and refused to follow work place safety practices prescribed in their respective states and countries.

Vantel is not protecting women and children with this scam despite whatever minuscule percentage of their bottom line is contributed to charity. If anything, they've enabled killing or injuring them solely for profit.

Thanks JP. UGH, tonight I had three messages from new wannabe salespersons and one in tears because her "Akoya" weren't Akoya and she just sunk several hundred dollars into her business and she did not want to be dishonest. I *almost* wrote a really nasty post about the fact if I sold them marijuana, they would have bought all my oregano and never knew the difference. I am stepping away from the page for a bit. I don't want to be mean.

Not trying to be cloak and dagger but I bet this page is monitored by the pearl party folks.

I assure you, we have their attention. I'm not afraid, in the slightest. Come and get me, I say. I'll happily answer any charge, subpoena, deposition or appearance order in any country or jurisdiction with counter claims, actions and social media campaigns.

You're right. There is no need to be mean. You've also done well to stay within the confines of the page without accosting others. The facts you've presented have been supported by others. Both by former consultants and pearl experts. You have the moral high ground. I expect you'll uphold that with decorum and substantial scientific support as time goes by.

I will also strongly admonish others to be careful where and how things are posted. Do not troll. Reply to posts ONLY if they imply or mention yourself and/or our groups in their writings. While a self appointed position of "pearl police" may be suited for informing ignorant or fraudulent postings on eBay or Etsy (for example), it's not recommended to harass or disrupt consultants, despite their ignorance or lies. While there may be cases where a consumer has filed action against a consultant, they are merely side issues to a much greater problem. The class action lawsuit and underlying trade issues are targeted at the corporate level only.

Last edited:
Way to go MM and JP! Dave, thanks for the update. While listening to the video, it occurred to me that Vantel's shippers might be interested in this issue. I doubt UPS or FedEX want to be involved in any Interstate Commerce violations.

Thanks Dave. I appreciate your faith in the project and the support from you and other PG true experts.

Thank you Lary for posting this!
I did find this post via a Google search for Oyster Opening parties and have learned so much from you and others that have commented in this thread!!
I was recently invited to one of these parties and mind you I know ZERO, Zilch, Notta about pearls. My husband actually knew more about them than I did! We were wondering how they knew each "Oyster" had a pearl in it and how could they be so cheap and the colors!! We didn't know so many existed!! We figured they were farm raised, injected with sand and or dye, maybe X-Rayed!! We had all sorts of ideas.
Now since finding your post I am more educated and have a bunch of new websites and resources to look into!!
Thank you!

Welcome Stacy Bug!
It's always a pleasure to meet new people to pearl guide!
If you'd like, Pearl paradise had done a video earlier about cultured tahitian pearls:

https://www.facebook.com/pearlparadise/

They also discuss about a pearl course that you can do for free with the code they mention :). Just a suggestion as a lot of us have learned through the Pearlasone.

Back