IMG-20181024-WA0020 (1).jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG-20181024-WA0019 (1).jpg
    IMG-20181024-WA0019 (1).jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG-20181024-WA0023 (1).jpg
    IMG-20181024-WA0023 (1).jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 32
Honestly, they look like low grade Chinese freshwater pearls to me. If you have reason to think otherwise, you should get them certified by the GIA or other highly rated gemological lab that certifies pearls.

That's what I was thinking, too. They look like Chinese freshwater pearls I've bought at bead stores.

Natural Pearl

Natural Pearl

Hello all I have this pearls I got it from a farmer He told me and his grandmother in an old tomb dating back 2000 years I want to make sure the experts I have shot several pictures Thank you to everyone

Attachments

• ٢٠١٨١١١٠_١٢٥٥٣&#16.jpg
    ٢٠١٨١١١٠_١٢٥٥٣&#16.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 41
  • ٢٠١٨١١١٠_١٢٣٥٣&#16.jpg
    ٢٠١٨١١١٠_١٢٣٥٣&#16.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 47
  • ٢٠١٨١١١٠_١٢٥٧٠&#16.jpg
    ٢٠١٨١١١٠_١٢٥٧٠&#16.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 44
  • ٢٠١٨١١١٠_١٢٥٢٠&#16.jpg
    ٢٠١٨١١١٠_١٢٥٢٠&#16.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 41
  • ٢٠١٨١١١٠_١٢٥١١&#16.jpg
    ٢٠١٨١١١٠_١٢٥١١&#16.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 42
As I wrote before, they look to me like Chinese freshwater pearls, but you can send them to a qualified lab for examination and certification if you think they are natural pearls.

I've got this guy and I'll check the lab and tell you the result. thank you

If the farmer got them from a 2000 year old tomb, then that makes him a graverobber, and an archeological looter. There is now no way to know how or where these pearls are from, since they were not scientifically excavated. From that standpoint, it makes them worthless, because there is no proof of where they came from. If you have them evaluated by a gemology lab, they can only tell you if they are possibly natural pearls and maybe what kind of mollusk created them.

You need an experienced gemmological laboratory to verify whether the pearls are natural. They don't look very old.

The lab test will not be free. Only you an decide if it's worth spending money to have them tested.

And GemGeek is right: "You need an experienced gemmological laboratory to verify whether the pearls are natural." Not just any lab-- one with experience with natural pearls.

It's important to understand that the pearls are low quality, so even if they turn out to be natural, they won't be worth much more than the laboratory report. The claim that they are old is unproveable. The drilling alone can easily tell you if they are 2000 years old.

ahmad, GemGeek is a Graduate Gemologist and has also done the GIA pearl course. She just told you the pearls, even if they are natural, won't be worth more than you would spend on a report. In my opinion that means it is not worth paying the cost of getting them tested-- but that is your decision to make.

This is the page for the GIA's pearl test reports; other labs would have their own fee schedules:
https://www.gia.edu/gem-lab-service/pearl

It also looks like white pearls were added to make it a two strand necklace, another reason why it's not going to be valuable. Please don't waste your money and please do not pester people with private messages.

If the farmer got them from a 2000 year old tomb, then that makes him a graverobber, and an archeological looter. There is now no way to know how or where these pearls are from, since they were not scientifically excavated. From that standpoint, it makes them worthless, because there is no proof of where they came from. If you have them evaluated by a gemology lab, they can only tell you if they are possibly natural pearls and maybe what kind of mollusk created them.

Exactly. Buying looted artifacts is a crime.

Back