Akoya strand from Cees...

Lilpearl

akoya strand from Cees @ Amsterdam Pearls

I love pearls, and as of late I’ve been obsessed with Akoya Pearls, and thanks to all the information found in this forum, I reached out to Cees and the below strand should be on its way soon. The strand is graded AAA and he said that for this size and quality it’s very hard to find., nacre thickness he said is over 1mm thick. It’s really hard to tell by the pictures and I’m looking forward to see it in person.

I thank you all in advance for your kind comments!

akoya strand from Cees @ Amsterdam Pearls

The luster is so pretty! And those are quite large for Akoyas, it should be beautiful!

Beautiful strand Lilpearl. Please show them again when they arrive.

Large size for akoyas and nacre 1mm thick and AAA surface. Those are true gems. My Hanadamas are only .4 mm thick and that's considered fairly thick for akoyas. 1 mm is great. You'll have to show us neckshots when you get them. They are going to be spectacular.

Thank you everyone for your kind comments! I’m in pins and needles till I see the FedEx man!

Last edited:
Can't wait to see your beautiful pearls. I would love a strand of akoyas in that size. Looking forward to your photos.

That's a fabulous strand of Akoya & quite large. Can't wait to see them worn! Cees posted some beautiful blue Akoya on Instagram this morning!

A quick update; the strand has been made into an 18” necklace and is currently on its way to moi!
I’m anxiously awaiting its arrival... neck shots to follow...

18-inch akoya strand from Cees @ Amsterdam Pearls

Beautiful strand Lilpearl, you will get a lot of use out of this one, it goes with everything.

Hi Lilpearl, Definitely gorgeous, and 1mm, how splendid! May I ask what overtones you requested, if you have a minute? I'm having a hard time deciding what I'm seeing on my phone.

Thank you ladies! By the FedEx tracking it’s supposedly arriving tomorrow...sights!

@ Lisa c, I was not specific on the overtone, as I like both, but this particular strand has a light pink overtone. Hope that helps!

Thanks! I'm looking forward to that huge "Eeeeeeeee!" we'll hear when the parcel arrives. 😁

Back