Natural Pearl Strand??? Candeling attempt

momsjewel

I bought this pearl necklace and have been reading on this very informative forum. Now am very curious as to why this strand is different than others I have bought. I have even made my first attempt at 'candeling' and am confused by what I see. There are 41 pearls, size 10-12mm and the necklace is 17.5" long. The clasp is marked 585 with a makers mark. The pearls are very heavy. If not naturals, are they south sea salt water pearls? I am posting images. Thanks so very much! pearl necklace 12mm 585 14K gold light.jpgpearl necklace 12mm 585 14K gold light.jpg

Last edited:
Oops, think I did the images incorrectly. I loaded a bunch at once and they're not showing up. Will re-send them one at a time. Thanks for your patience.pearl necklace 12mm 585 14K gold 2.jpgpearl necklace 12mm 585 14K gold close 2.jpgpearl necklace 585 gold gold mark.jpgCaptionCaption

Welcome, and very nice job photographing the candling!

Candeling pics

Candeling pics

Welcome, and very nice job photographing the candling!

Thanks - it's an amateur attempt, but wanted to check out this strand because the pearls have lots of interesting marks in them. I used an old jewelers loupe with a very little but bright light. I find learning about pearls very interesting.

Thanks for all replies!

Back