I would love to know what quality pearls I have.

Plambeth568

I inherited these pearls so I am not sure of their age. They are sandpaper gritty in the tooth test and I am sure they are real. They have a 10k yellow gold clasp and thats about all I know at this point. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 31
Thank you. My mother seemed to think they were saltwater, so I was hopeful. Any idea as to an estimate value for them?

The expert has spoken! I am contend to get confirmation of my own first impression. It is the off-round potato shape that shows them as freshwater.

- Karin

As Karin has mentioned, the expert has spoken, and I am glad I got it right in my mind before reading Jeremy's confirmation post.

DK :)

The answer to their value is that they are not worth insuring. They may have been bought the first time for $100 or more depend on how retail they were, but you probably couldn't sell them for much, although they do have excellent luster. Except for the 10k gold clasp, which is unusual to put on pearls assembled in America, fw pearls, I would bet they were considered high quality, when sold. I think they are of very good quality in every way but perfect roundness.

Of course, I am well known for my love of fw pearls, but I do love that one. You could wear it a lot and with jeans to concert clothes and it will be very durable and forgiving of everything except cosmetics, perfumes and hairspray directly put on them.

Back