Metal for GSSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you kelluvpearls and pinkjewel.

Pinkjewel: I just created a new thread to share some info about the drops so I don't hijack this thread. Pls pop by:
    https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/sh...923#post141923

Comment

Originally posted by Icyjade View Post
      Thank you kelluvpearls and pinkjewel.

Pinkjewel: I just created a new thread to share some info about the drops so I don't hijack this thread. Pls pop by:
      https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/sh...923#post141923
      thanks!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the fabulous photos, Icy Jade. I especially love the first necklace.

Comment

I ran across an older thread that might be of interest to link in, speaking of CS and GSS

Comment

I was in Union Sq in SF the other day during lunch, and in one of the windows of a jewelry store I don't recall which one now , I saw Golden South Sea Pearls, with Yellow Sapphires (don't think they were diamonds) set in Black gold, it was very striking. I didn't have the ability to take photos. If I get a chance and can remember where it was I will take a cell pic and post here.
            No, Midge said, I take it back. I wouldnt get a mink coat the first thing. Know what Id do? Id get a string of pearls. Real pearls. Yes, Annabel said, slowly. I think thats a kind of a good idea. And it would make sense, too. Because you can wear pearls with anything.

Comment

I would love to see pictures of that piece, BlackPearlDudeDC.

Comment

May I have a question. One of my friend told me the trick that if you rub two SSP together, it has the powder comes out but wouldn't leave any mark on the pearl. Isn't it true how to test for SSP?

Comment

Not a method I would recommend! Instead, if you are looking for identification, take a crisp photo on a white background, using your camera's macro (usually a little flower) function. If you post that photo on this forum with a request to identify, you will get many expert opinions. And absolutely no risk of unintended damage to your pearls!
                  http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
                  Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

Yikes, Baby-Love, no rubbing pearls so hard as to pulverize the surface!!
                    Please do as JerseyPearl suggests instead.

Comment

JerseyPearl,
                      Thank you for your answer. I know for sure that my pearl is SSP, but I just surprise to hear that method that's why I bring it here to ask if any of you have ever heard of this.

Comment

Working...
                      X