another BIG strand

S

sleight

JCK shows a photo (pg 116) of this gorgeous necklace (click on 'company') over a hand, which really emphasizes how BIG these pearls are. WOW! Unfortunately, the photo isn't online, but here's the description:

With 23 high-quality, well-matched South Seas white cultured pearls that range in size from 18 mm to 21.75 mm, this magnificent 18-inch necklace (worth seven figures) might be the ultimate pearl necklace. The necklace (and hand) belongs to Alexandre Hahn, of Gerhard Hahn Pearl, D?sseldorf, Germany.

from http://www.jckonline.com/article/CA6591596.html

Again, WOW!

Now THAT is the definition of monster pearls. I'd just love to feel that around my neck...

What I'm really in the market for is a strand that size of Tahitian peacocks. Josh, you have your work cut out for you! I'll be your slave for life. I should have a few good years left...

Sheri

Sleight, I just saw that photo in my copy of JCK. The hand definitely helped the brain with processing the size of those honking pearls.

As for montsters, Sheri, I was hearing a narrator in a deep malevolent voice saying "The pearl that ate New York City". :eek:

Sleight, I just saw that photo in my copy of JCK. The hand definitely helped the brain with processing the size of those honking pearls.

As for montsters, Sheri, I was hearing a narrator in a deep malevolent voice saying "The pearl that ate New York City". :eek:

Oooh, I can imagine it now, slowly, ominously rolling down third avenue, perhaps making a quick stop at Essa Bagels for a quick bite...a monster pearl after my own heart... :D

the company logo reminds me of the kelloggs corn flakes logo

news-graphics-2005-_592807a.jpg

If I'm not very much mistaken, Jeremy made a similar necklace, but a tad bigger... I think. I don't know the size for sure, but I'm willing to bet its one of the largest in world.

Hm... more giant necklaces to drool over.

Hi Effisk,

the company logo reminds me of the kelloggs corn flakes logo
You are so right!!

I just had to come back and give this insight on their logo---Hahn, the name of the company, means rooster or cock in German. My family name is "Hawn", just another spelling variation of the same name. And no, I am not closely related to Goldie Hawn, the actress and comedienne. Hey, I'd rather be related to Gerhard Hahn of pearl fame--guess I'd best start tracing my genealogy-------------

If one visit the fair for professional customers, she/he can see this strand. They also sell loose large pearls.

The necklace has been shown by CC-Pearls (another company in D?sseldorf) in Ambiente, Tendency and Intergem. The necklace is labelled as the largest necklace on the world and with the same size as described in the magazine.
If it is not sold out till the coming Feb., one can find it in Inhorgenta on CC's window or Hahn's. In last Inhorgenta, I was too buy and had no time to visit others.
Personally I think a strand with size 12-16mm but the absolutely top quality is more interesting.

Jun

Well this strand obviously is a museum piece or collector?s item. Hopefully it will not disappear in some safe but people get to see it...

I will correct an error here.
The large pearl necklace of CC belongs CC, not to the company Gerhard Hahn.
CC labeled the necklace as "the largest necklace on the world and searched for 47 years".
The necklace of Hahn has obviously a better quality (luster) and almost same size. I can only say it is beautiful and also heavy.
There is a similar large and super necklace in Gellner.
I have spoken with the junior Hahn in Inhorgenta. He told me that he has also checked the necklace of Gellner and claimed that their necklace is a little better.
The list net wholesale price is x.xx million Euros. I will cancel this price two days later, because it is wholesale price.

Last edited:
Back