Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

On to happier things! Here are pics of my two newest undrilled beauties from the Houston Gem Show. Aloha Pearls had delicious bowls of multiple size undrilled pearls sorted by color-they almost looked like fruity cereal! These two were just calling my name. I love wearing my Net Pendant with pearls the color of my outfit. I wear lots of pink/purple and green. Minor imperfections in the pearls but the net covers most of them. Best of all was meeting Aloha Pearls' wonderful sales representative. She was such a delight to visit with and share ideas.
View attachment 465100View attachment 465101
These are gorgeous, @MotherOfPearlTrumpet. Your pearls are lovely! Enjoy!

Here is the first of what I purchased from Hisano's Pop Up Event. These are Silver Tahitians and I LOVE these so much. The necklace has an icy blue silvery color with a magnificent luster. There are a lot of bi-color pearls in this. The bracelet coordinates with similar icy blues and bicolor pearls.. From a distance they could almost pass for baroque white SS or baroque blue akoyas. Ring is not from the Event and is a White SS surrounded by white topaz and pink tourmaline.

20230706_145539.jpg

20230706_145909.jpg

20230706_145927.jpg

Here is the first of what I purchased from Hisano's Pop Up Event. These are Silver Tahitians and I LOVE these so much. The necklace has an icy blue silvery color with a magnificent luster. There are a lot of bi-color pearls in this. The bracelet coordinates with similar icy blues and bicolor pearls.. From a distance they could almost pass for baroque white SS or baroque blue akoyas. Ring is not from the Event and is a White SS surrounded by white topaz and pink tourmaline.
Oh those pearls are just gorgeous and I love the ring!

Ohhh, those are fantastic! Is this strand #25? Mine was #23.

Last edited:
I'm going to segway into the PP Vault Sale and this insanely gorgeous 11.0 - 14.5 mm White Edison Pearl necklace... (yes, I did). This is absolutely STUNNING! It's 17.5 inches but fits more like a 16".

The description from PP:

"Round, large and lustrous, this is a statement strand of pearls. Think Wilma Flintstone! It's one of the finest strands of Edison pearls we've ever offered, and there is only one strand available.

Available only in the past few years, Edison pearls represent a recent innovation in the freshwater pearl category. Instead of growing these pearls with a tissue-graft like all other freshwater pearls, an implant is used. This is the method used to grow the world's rarest saltwater pearls. The results are simply amazing. The pearls look very similar to the Australian South Sea - the most expensive pearls in the world."​

I never thought I could pull off pearls of this size but that notion has been thrown out the window. They look great with a T-Shirt and leggings! Wearing them with a pair of 10mm studs. I've also taken a picture next to a 10mm strand for comparison...

20230707_104239.jpg20230707_104623.jpg20230707_104651.jpg

I'm going to segway into the PP Vault Sale and this insanely gorgeous 11.0 - 14.5 mm White Edison Pearl necklace... (yes, I did). This is absolutely STUNNING! It's 17.5 inches but fits more like a 16".

The description from PP:

"Round, large and lustrous, this is a statement strand of pearls. Think Wilma Flintstone! It's one of the finest strands of Edison pearls we've ever offered, and there is only one strand available.

Available only in the past few years, Edison pearls represent a recent innovation in the freshwater pearl category. Instead of growing these pearls with a tissue-graft like all other freshwater pearls, an implant is used. This is the method used to grow the world's rarest saltwater pearls. The results are simply amazing. The pearls look very similar to the Australian South Sea - the most expensive pearls in the world."​

I never thought I could pull off pearls of this size but that notion has been thrown out the window. They look great with a T-Shirt and leggings! Wearing them with a pair of 10mm studs. I've also taken a picture next to a 10mm strand for comparison...
Those are gorgeous!!!

The description from PP:

Wow! That is a beautiful edison strand. And much more cost-effective than a comparable south sea strand!

Thank you, CatMom and heartofawareness! Really pretty Tahitian and Edison strands, heartofawareness! I do love silvery white Tahitians. Everything is just gorgeous!

Wearing a strand of multi-colored baroque Akoya from Takahashi. I love that it is a subtle multi-colored strand with soft colors and splashed with rainbow. It is 10.5+ mm, and Mr. Seki was only able to put one strand together at this time, so I feel very fortunate to have been able to get this strand. I would’ve preferred a white gold clasp, but I only have yellow gold in my supplies right now. I removed some pearls to shorten the length without thinking about earrings, but I did find a close enough match from what I had pulled out to make a pair of dangles.
IMG_4568.jpeg
IMG_1244.jpeg
IMG_1249.jpeg

Thank you, CatMom and heartofawareness! Really pretty Tahitian and Edison strands, heartofawareness! I do love silvery white Tahitians. Everything is just gorgeous!

Wearing a strand of multi-colored baroque Akoya from Takahashi. I love that it is a subtle multi-colored strand with soft colors and splashed with rainbow. It is 10.5+ mm, and Mr. Seki was only able to put one strand together at this time, so I feel very fortunate to have been able to get this strand. I would’ve preferred a white gold clasp, but I only have yellow gold in my supplies right now. I removed some pearls to shorten the length without thinking about earrings, but I did find a close enough match from what I had pulled out to make a pair of dangles.
View attachment 465131View attachment 465132View attachment 465133
Gorgeous Jeg...love the softness and those overtones...Spectacular...very special necklace and I'm glad you were able to make a pair of earrings to match! Everything just GLOWS!

View attachment 465131View attachment 465132View attachment 465133
Gorgeous as usual jeg. The colors and luster are amazing.

I found 2 graduated strands of Akoya pearls in these two colors and I snatched them up. They are vintage but the colors are so unusual. Not sure if I should mix them up and make a longer tin-cup necklace OR just restring them as is. Your thoughts? I've already removed the old thread/silk and cleaned them. They are ready for restringing.
Blue Silver Akoya Graduated 6 2023.jpg
Silver Akoya Graduated 6 2023.jpg

Back to the Pop Up Event: These two I bought for layering. One is a tiny strand from Collins' first harvest 17", the second is a graduated mix of tinies and pearls from the PP inventory 19" (this one has a lot of peacocks) and they are both colorful and gorgeous. The earrings are 9mm peacocks that I bought in 2010 and the ring is a 10mm black/green tahitian set in an antique setting from American Pearl.

Last picture is with my Kojima tinies...it's a bit much but looks like I'm ready for an advertising campaign 😄

Attachments

• 20230708_112229.jpg
    20230708_112229.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 69
  • 20230708_112811.jpg
    20230708_112811.jpg
    632.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 20230708_112518.jpg
    20230708_112518.jpg
    865.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 20230708_143027.jpg
    20230708_143027.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
I found 2 graduated strands of Akoya pearls in these two colors and I snatched them up. They are vintage but the colors are so unusual. Not sure if I should mix them up and make a longer tin-cup necklace OR just restring them as is. Your thoughts? I've already removed the old thread/silk and cleaned them. They are ready for restringing.View attachment 465135View attachment 465136
WOW @MotherOfPearlTrumpet they're beautiful for vintage. Someone took very good care of them...I like how one is bluish and the other is a creamy silvery (at least that's how they show up on my screen). I love tin cups (you could probably come up with an amazing subtle ombre with these pearls). What are you thinking of doing with them?

Back to the Pop Up Event: These two I bought for layering. One is a tiny strand from Collins' first harvest 17", the second is a graduated mix of tinies and pearls from the PP inventory 19" (this one has a lot of peacocks) and they are both colorful and gorgeous. The earrings are 9mm peacocks that I bought in 2010 and the ring is a 10mm black/green tahitian set in an antique setting from American Pearl.
Love these heartofawareness. I'm beginning to think it's a very good thing I couldn't get the button to work. I ended up only buying a bracelet that was available the next day. I love the tiny pearls for layering.

I found 2 graduated strands of Akoya pearls in these two colors and I snatched them up. They are vintage but the colors are so unusual. Not sure if I should mix them up and make a longer tin-cup necklace OR just restring them as is. Your thoughts? I've already removed the old thread/silk and cleaned them. They are ready for restringing.View attachment 465135View attachment 465136
Those are both gorgeous but I especially like the silvery blue one. I would be tempted to keep that one intact.

Back