My pearls

Nice! Love the mix of goldens and Tahitians—and the pendant is a great visual "accent".

Inspired by 86Corvettegirls ombre strand I combined a vintage akoya strand with 10 baroque peacock tahitians. The tahitians I bought from Druzydesign last year. The akoyas I had for years, don't remember where I got them. I used the pretty silver and marcasite clasp from the akoya strand. For getting a good lenght for me I removed 33 pearls from the akoya strand. It's actually a non-ombre ombre strand since the change of pearls are rather abrupt and I'm not really sure that this is an optimal design. It might grow on me.
_20190306_154614.jpg
_20190306_154516.jpg
_20190306_154543.jpg
_20190306_154543.jpg
Here thy are on.
_20190306_154727.jpg

I also rewirewrapped those poor white freshwater keshi earrings again, since I took the tahitians from them for my non-ombre ombre strand. I added one keshi to each earring.
_20190306_154708.jpg
With the white freshwater keshi strand. I bought the keshis from Wen Pearls, it was the formerly smelly ones.
_20190306_154646.jpg

The keshis are so pretty, Charlotta! Please remind me what size they are. :) I think I'd like to acquire some really small ones, and preferably not smelly!

Cricketbug, the keshis are 8-9x9-11 mm. Difficult to know If they are going to smell. I was really surpriced, having never gotten smelly pearls before.

Cricketbug, the keshis are 8-9x9-11 mm. Difficult to know If they are going to smell. I was really surpriced, having never gotten smelly pearls before.
Thanks, Charlotta. Yes, I suppose it might be an odd question to ask of a vendor, "Uhm, do your keshi pearls smell odd/bad?" Heh heh! :eek:

Cricketbug, might be awkward to ask. Wen pearls still has those keshis though... You might ask.

I'll poke around and see if I can find some smaller keshis, and roll the dice on smell if I find some that I like. :)

Charlotta, I confess I wasn't sure about that non-ombre Ombre combination in the still photos, but wow, the neck shot, they look terrific on you!!!

Thank you CathyKeshi, I know the colors on the non-ombre pearls in the lightbox makes them not match as well, they look better on the skin I think. But still not sure. Those tahitians are tricky. Lots of colors in them sometimes and sometimes just darkish with a rusty tone to them.

Charlotta, the non ombré strand looks so much better on your neck than in the light box. It's a very bold look. & would look awesome with a black/white look. If you still can't decide, you could always add some grey Akoya between the white & T's. or change out the T's for lighter ones.

86Corvettegirl. They do need some transitional color. But I don't have any right now. I think that I probably would like them better if I made an ombre strand with pearls roughly tha same size, with tahitians and south seas, maybe about 10 mm. I think that the tahitians probably are a bit big for that, I don't remember the size but they are big. Generally I prefer my pearls to be no bigger than 10-11 in a strand. I have bigger pearls but I don't use them.

Well I redid those peacock pearls again. I got this idea yesterday to use the tahitians in a longer tincup and alternate them with pink tourmalines. So when I got home yesterday I cut the necklace apart and laid out the pearls and tourmalines on my beading board. To pink, tried to use mostly dark green tourmalines instead. Much better.
_20190310_172936.jpg
_20190310_172835.jpg
_20190310_172813.jpg
I saved one pearl and made a shorter necklace with that one.
_20190310_172711.jpg
With them both.
_20190310_172745.jpg
The peacock tahitians have been rearranged before...
First with sapphires.
_20190310_181641.jpg
Nothing wrong with it really but remade it into a tincup that I kept some months.
_20190310_181806.jpg
Then it became my non-ombre ombre strand.
_20190310_182218.jpg
2 dropshaped tahitians was earrings for a while. First by them self, later with freshwater keshis.
_20190310_182248.jpg
Some pearls don't find there place easily.

Thank you Pattye. Sometimes I just have to try out an idea. It doesn't always work out as planned though.

You work really fast, Charlotta. :D I'm inspired by the different variations and creations you do.

I can't keep up with you girl! lol! Can you please pass me some of your creativity and motivation? My pearls are getting too comfortable.

Thank you Cricketbug and amti, I have (or take me some) more time now that all the children have homes of their own. I love doing creative stuff besides work, housework, cooking etc and creating jewelry is so much faster than sewing quilts by hand (also kitten destroys things sometimes, can't have quilts on the beds anymore) I don't watch much television though.

This is what the peacock tincup looks on.
_20190311_164643.jpg
And the necklace I made with one of the pearls.
_20190311_164621.jpg
I combined them with my 10.9mm peacock studs from Pearlescence. The other peacock pearls I got from Druzydesign.
_20190311_170059.jpg

Back