The Joan Rivers Collection

MSC

Natural Pearl Lover
Christies is auctioning off a good bit of the magnificent Joan Rivers collection. The first link below is a pdf of the live sale catalog. Lot 121 in the live auction catalog is particularly spectacular. About 15 years ago, I went to see an extraordinary Faberge exhibit and about a third of the pieces were on loan from Ms. Rivers. Her collection is breath taking, truly, an inspiration!

Live Auction Sale Catalog

Online Auction

We bid on Spikes silver dog dish...just for fun, (and a small amount of hope) needless to say it was a pipe dream

The joke we had was maybe we'll have to settle for glass pearls from QVC :)

IMG 0283 copy

and yes I would've found a way to put them on my pup...though she is more Carol Channing than Joan Rivers lol

Worth a shot, BPDDC!

i love joan rivers, folks tended at one point to think she was a nasty person due to her comedic persona - but she was a very wonderful caring person
i always remembered her one saying ...... 'that is the price of being human' when johnny carson's son died and even though he ignored her..... she made sure she sent condolences.....
she was like 'comeon, his son died...... how could you not feel for him'

I grew up with Joan rivers/ When I was like 5-6 I thought it was Hilarious to do impressions of her. Id walk around with fake pearls and and constantly talk about champagne and bad dresses. I always thought she was funny, sharp and clever. I loved her brand of wit.

As a kid I got into so much trouble with Grandma because I would repeat "My Boobs...my boobs" jokes.

I grew up with Joan rivers/ When I was like 5-6 I thought it was Hilarious to do impressions of her. Id walk around with fake pearls and and constantly talk about champagne and bad dresses. I always thought she was funny, sharp and clever. I loved her brand of wit.

You remember the Liz Taylor Auction? Well she also had tons of unimportant jewelry, we actually bid on a piece...and man I was so excited because it almost felt possible until it went from barely a thousand to nearly 5 digits in no time...:p again it was just for fun but we had a "You never know" attitude.

I bet those will be worth something someday ;)

We did imitations as kids too, ckrickett! Gossip gossip gossip!

yup
absolutely

You remember the Liz Taylor Auction? Well she also had tons of unimportant jewelry, we actually bid on a piece...and man I was so excited because it almost felt possible until it went from barely a thousand to nearly 5 digits in no time...:p again it was just for fun but we had a "You never know" attitude.

i couldn't even imagine........ something liz wore

Zsa Zsa Gabor has passed on, she was another Jewelry Icon and a pearl fan.

A Zsa.jpg

AZ.jpg

Attachments

• eb021806cb2ac3abb73535494e2ef7b9.jpg
    eb021806cb2ac3abb73535494e2ef7b9.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 43
Gabor Zsa-Zsa, my countrywoman! Rest In Peace! I haven't heard she passed away! Now I looked it up, she got 99 years old.

Back