Small pearls in chokers and bracelets

pregcurious

I would love to see chokers and small pearls for bracelets. It has a very vintage look, and is grand in a way that is very different from wearing big pearls.

A would prefer a more simple center piece than the one pictured. No centerpiece would be okay too because a wide swath of small pearls has a lot of impact

A long rope with small pearls and small diamonds would be another alternative. It could be worn as a single strand, doubled, or tripled. The diamonds would have to be bezeled and have a closed back as to not scratch the pearls when the rope is wrapped over itself.

walterbauman_choker.jpg

How small do you call small? I have 2.7mm roundish loose strands (and 1mm half pearls and 1.7mm AAA round loose!)

Little H...big wow! I love custom jewelry.

DK, that would be fun project. I still think it's so great that I met you over on PS and now you're here!

Thanks, Wendy. Do you have a story on PG about how you got into pearls? I am a scientist but have always loved art. As an adult, my hobbies evolve around aesthetic things.

Last edited:
Thanks, Lady_Disdain. I saw some very nice pearls over there. It looks like I will have to learn how to knot!

preg,

Pearlluna_pearlsonly also has 3mm pearls available.

Stringing and knotting is fun and not too difficult to master, I believe you would like it.

DK :)

Bwhahahaha, we've corrupted another one! There are tons of resources around here to teach you to knot. I am a huge fan of the Japanese no tools methods.

:) Thanks Lady_Disdain and DK. I can make my own pearl jewelry?! This is awesome.

And with the very tiny ones you don't have to knot between each one... there I just made it easier to give it a go lol Now the diamonds....can't help you there. But i must say that Kailis Pearls does very cool necklaces with these little white gold cubes with diamonds facing out from each 'window' as spacers .. very cool looking idea..

My wedding choker from the early 80s.

IMG_1996.jpg
Front of the choker with a cameo.

IMG_2006.jpg
"Back" of the choker. I sometimes wear it with the pearl and diamond clasp in front.

Pearls in the strands are about 6 mm, except the ones close to the findings. I needed to make the necklace a bit longer, so I added some smaller pearls.

The middle strand is one pearl longer on each side than the top strand. The bottom strand is two pearls longer on each side than the middle strand. When I first had it made, the choker lay flat and it just was uncomfortable to wear. I changed it to be curved more like my neck, so it is wider at the bottom than the top.

BWeaves,

We seldom see chokers and yours is gorgeous and suits you perfectly. Love cameos, and the versatility. Thank you for sharing how you fitted it to your neck. I've never created any multi-strand chokers, so good to know it needs a gentle curve for a good fit.

Back