Tilda Swinton's pearl necklace in "I am Love"

lady muck

Hi everyone,

This is my first post though I've been reading the forum for a while and really enjoyed the discussions.

I saw the film "I am Love" recently, and apart from being a beautifully made film full of completely over-the-top symbolisms that will keep film studies students busy analysing for the next five years :) I also wondered what type of pearls necklace she was wearing in this scene:

http://www.filmfetish.com/2010/06/1...reat-indie-dvds-from-the-makers-of-i-am-love/

It looks like baroque - but freshwater, salt, Tahitian - any ideas?

cheers,

lady muck

Hi Lady Muck,

It's difficult to see the strand clearly from that photo, but it looks like it could be a multicolor South Sea strand of mixed South Sea and Tahitians. If there is a clear photo out there somewhere, we would be able to tell for sure.

Hi Jeremy,

I trawled through the web but unfortunately that's the best shot. But your suggestion of a combination of Sth Sea and Tahitian sounds intriguing!

In the film

In the film

... she wears them in several scenes, with different clothes. I agree with Jeremy, or they could be all fancy colour Tahitians. I kept stopping the DVD to see; does not look like there are any whites in the strand.

Back