No announcement yet.

John Tu's Pearls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi! I'm new to P-G and really enjoyed this wonderful thread spanning several years!

Comment

• It's been fun!

Comment

• Is there any way to get in touch with John Tu outside the shows?

Comment

• Unfortunately, not really. He doesn't have a website or do mail order because of all the travel.
          Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

• Reading back through this thread it looks like he is only at the Gem Faire shows in Hillsboro? That's about a 2 hr drive for me. Is there any way to confirm his being there ahead of time?

Thanks, Cecilia

Comment

• Cecilia,

John Tu usually does Eugene, too and the next one there will be July 5-7. The following weekend the faire is in Portland at the convention center. He usually is at Tacoma also. Vendors for each show are listed on gemfaire.com, but usually only a day or two before the shows.
              Pattye

Comment

• Thanks Patty!

Comment

• Just a reminder for all gem faire goers~John's business is TAIKO IMPORTS.
                  Pattye

Comment

• Well. I finally got to meet John from Taiko. He's at the Gem Faire in Hillsboro OR this weekend (4/11-4/13/14) and apparently I just missed another woman from Pearl Guide who is in the Portland area.

John was warm, welcoming and very busy! I have a few new strands to work with and hopefully a new friend.

Thanks! Cecilia

Comment

• I'm so happy you met him. We have been friends for ten years - way longer than I have been on Pearl-Guide! Enjoy your pearls and be sure to post photos.

Comment

• Originally posted by CeciliaW View Post
                        Well. I finally got to meet John from Taiko. He's at the Gem Faire in Hillsboro OR this weekend (4/11-4/13/14) and apparently I just missed another woman from Pearl Guide who is in the Portland area.

John was warm, welcoming and very busy! I have a few new strands to work with and hopefully a new friend.

Thanks! Cecilia
                        Very sorry to have missed you, Cecilia! I was at Gem Faire on Friday; so was a 3rd P-G'er! Always fun to shop with John.
                        Pattye

Comment

• Indeed Patty, The way the day went on Friday I was thrilled to get there at 5PM and still have time to look around. Best laid plans and all that. One of these times it will work out.

Comment

• Do you know if John Tu does any shows on the east coast?

Comment

• SunSeeker,

Unfortunately, no, only on the west coast.

CeciliaW, yes, I know there are days like that! Of course, another time we'll meet. There's a possibility of mini-Ruckus in Portland sometime this summer; if so, we'll post it here on the forum.
                              Pattye

Comment

Working...
                              X