Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dave's (Lagoon Island Pearls) Adventure Pendants!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good caution, Pearl Dreams. My grandson will be 10 in June, uses a woodburner, has a set of woodcarving tools and uses them, a pocket knife and more ... well supervised of course. My daughter is brave, but not dumb lol. He'll be okay with a glass vial; which yes, he might break, but then so might I Certainly wouldn't recommend for a toddler.
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

Super cool stuff!
      ______Perlas
      o-o-o E Unio Plurum o-o-o

Comment

These are so much fun! I'd better get my order in before they are gone!
        Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl Dreams View Post
          Just a word of caution-- fragile glass vials may be unsuitable for young children.
          Your point is well taken. I was referring to an 11-year-old, with a particular love for all things gem-related!

Comment

A lot of people read P-G who are not members. At this moment there are 220 users online, of whom only 8 are members.
            My caution was directed to our readers in general, because I realize many readers may want to buy these for kids.

Comment

The "brandy bottle" shape is quite strong, but like any glass they can break. I'd recommend they be worn on shorter strings so they'll not swing around and contact hard surfaces. The flat profile brings the contents into view much better than round vials which have much thinner glass.

The challenge for Cathy's grandson will be to find the tiny faceted ruby I slipped in with the pearls, jade, amethyst and gold.

My stash of gold flakes and nuggets is running low, but I'll pan more this summer. Next week, I'll be at the amethyst mine in Pearl, Ontario. Yes, you read that right. Among other haunts I go to Amethyst Point for pearls, Gold Bridge for jade, Royal Jade Creek for gold and Pearl for amethyst.
              Attached Files

Comment

We're up for that challenge, Dave ... we'll take photos !

Always best to be cautious, Pearl Dreams; completely understand. Interesting statistic on who's online, too
                Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

Thanks again Pearl Dreams, completely understand-we don't want to take safety for granted.

Cathy, how fun for your grandson!

Dave, you live in a fascinating part of the world, so many luscious gems nearby!

Comment

I want to order a vial! Do I just send paypal?

Comment

Originally posted by Lagoon Island Pearls View Post

Among other haunts I go to Amethyst Point for pearls, Gold Bridge for jade, Royal Jade Creek for gold and Pearl for amethyst.
                      These are some of the best area names I've heard of outside of Kentucky!
                      Check out my jewelry here

Comment

Just got my sweet vial in! Love it!
                        Hey, Dave, what's the species name of the bivalve responsible for these pearly delights?

Comment

Originally posted by MSC View Post
                          Hey, Dave, what's the species name of the bivalve responsible for these pearly delights?
                          California Mussel (Mytilus californianus)
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, Dave, that's just what the nerd part of me was looking for!

Comment

Working...
                            X