Lavender pearls for wedding?

Your gown is just beautiful..... you are indeed very lucky..

I think lavender would pick up the gorgeous colour in the orchids, as well as the shine of the ribbon..

One more of the buh-zillion responses to a wedding question posted on a jewelry-based forum! teehee! :p

When I got married, some things I did very much because of traditional (white dress, church ceremony), some things I did very much because it reflected ME and my values (my "maid of honor" was my best friend, who just happened to be a guy). With that lovely gown you showed us, I assume both colors would look fantastic. It might just come down to a decision of 'traditional' or 'that's so ME!'

I think the lavenders would go very well with that dress and flowers! Huge ones would look fantastic!

The orchids are white with a dash of burgundy, pink and golden yellow, aren't they? Purple jewelry would about as much color to your white & white dress :)

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, Luckykelleyk!

Hmm, with that lovely dress . . . so many possibilities! Just some thoughts . . . .

I would have been tempted to say no necklace if your earrings were going to be the chandelier type (maybe a bracelet instead), but with the classic style you described, you could go either way.

For a more traditional look, maybe a single, choker-length strand, around 8-9 mm (or perhaps a bit larger). Something like this, maybe slightly longer:

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/CelebSnapshots/popup?id=3586942 (Grace Kelly)

A double strand nesting at about 16 and 17 inches or so might also be nice - I think a lot depends on how everything looks with the veil and tiara (if any). Here is C.Z. Guest in a double strand, a little closer to the neck:

http://www.style.com/beauty/icon/111203/ (C.Z. Guest)

Another option would be a graduated strand, which has a more vintage look (I believe Jackie Kennedy wore something similar in a choker length at her wedding):

http://www.weddingchannel.com/ui/buildArticle.action?assetUID=3363 (Jackie Kennedy)

Terry at The Pearl Outlet has graduated strands (also in lavender!) - his are a bit longer but they can probably be shortened:

http://www.thepearloutlet.com/servl...eProcurement&supplierID=490&commodityID=29209

As for color, my personal preference would be white - I think a bridal look of white with just a hint of color (your bouquet) would be stunning. In general, I think fewer colors = more elegant (same with jewelry - often less is more, unless everything coordinates perfectly), which is why I think so many brides choose diamonds, white pearls, and white gold or platinum - they add sparkle and luster without detracting from the overall impression of bridal white. But I admit to being a traditionalist when it comes to weddings! I'm sure there are many other equally lovely possibilities, and I agree with the above posters that you should do what seems most beautiful to you after trying various options with your ensemble.

I love that kunzite, though, could see it as a focal clasp worn in the front of a multistrand lavender necklace - wow! How about two necklaces? One for the ceremony and one for the reception? :)

Congratulations again!

Perle

You're welcome! I love that look, too - I've been meaning to order some for myself! :)

Perle

Thank you for all the links! I love the graduated pearls by the way!!!

Just don?t make it too short, I really do not like the look of the pearls that close to the neck - and the name "choker" does become a really nasty meaning when looking at one:eek:

A princess length is always elegant, graduated or uniform.:)

Beautiful gown- simple & elegant. Your pearl ring sounds like it will be gorgeous.

My initial thought was to have the gown alterers swap out the white satin dress ribbon with an appropriate hued lavender one to match your pearls, but that would not match your white satin edging on the veil, and a veil with lavender edging, well, no. Will the bouquet be wrapped in white satin ribbon or lavender?

Here's one more option to add to the suggestion pile, and I think it would look stunning with the lavender pearl ring for your wedding and after. A delicate white pearl strand with a toggle or senora clasp (not too big) worn in the front, and from the clasp hang a large lavender pearl drop on a removeable bail. With the elegant simplicity of the dress you wouldn't want a large diameter white strand, and you'd have to be careful to choose the appropriate clasp and get it the exact right length.

Congratulations and good luck!

If thats your style and you like the overall look - then GO FOR IT! This is your wedding and ideally you'll only get one shot at it, so do it how you want and have some fun with it.

I'm doing the jewelry for a friends wedding and we are doing baroque Tahitian bracelets for all the groomsmen, so don't be afraid to have some fun with jewelry that might not be exactly traditional.

Of course, how could I leave out a photo of Diana, Princess of Wales? Here's one for baroque fans:

http://www.timboucher.com/journal/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/princess-diana-14913.jpg (Diana, Princess of Wales)

Re length, yes, nothing that would actually choke you! Many people (most?) are nervous during the ceremony, so everything should be as comfortable as possible. Okay, just personal preferences here, but I would be inclined toward something around, say, base of the neck to slightly below the clavicle, perhaps a bit longer for the graduated strand. I do think sometimes the princess length (in its most popular form, the 18 inch strand) can be a touch too long - it really depends on the whole look. But that's just my opinion, and it's hard to say without actually seeing everything together.

For example, the choker in the shot above - to me that's the perfect length for that particular necklace and neckline (not to mention the rest of the jewelry!). But for a bride, maybe something a bit smaller, a bit longer, a bit more demure? Personally, I like the graduated strand, or maybe a double strand choker - here is a lovely photo of the look on the cover of the book "Legendary Brides":

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0060195592/ref=sib_dp_pt/104-0753798-3582312#reader-link

I have to say, I'm a little wary of trendy for weddings, but maybe that's because I've seen too many wedding photos from the 1980s! Just kidding! :) Have fun! :)

Perle

So, I decided on the white graduated pearls that pearle suggested. I love them, and I got a great deal!!! (plus they will match my earrings for the wedding) I can't wait to get them!

I like the idea of the graduated strand. Congrats on finding the right one for your wedding :)

Back