Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And for today...even if Jennifer Heebner has covered this in the #ThisisPearl digital magazine for last month (February 2021) it seems there is still a trend on "Men Wearing Pearls", this time an article from Business & Arts.

Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
    Follow Me!
    Instagram
    YouTube

Your Life evolves in the same way a Pearl grows: with continuous layers of experiences/nacre that add to the Story of your Life on Earth and make you Unique and Beautiful.
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

Comment

Talking of men wearing pearls...Click image for larger version

Name:	josh.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	396512 When Josh Humbert was over here we met up at Stonehenge for me to collect some Kamoka pearls.
      Author:Pearls A Practical Guide published by Crowood Jan 2021
      www.pearlsapractical.guide

Comment

What a great photo of you and Josh, Wendy! BTW, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WENDY!! And I'm so excited to receive your book as soon as it is released here in the US!
        Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

Cool! Stonehenge and men in pearls!

Comment

Originally posted by pattye View Post
            What a great photo of you and Josh, Wendy! BTW, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WENDY!! !
            Back in the day when the hair was reddish...
            It must have looked deeply suspect that I handed over a wad of cash in exchange for a small package. With hindsight it's a lucky escape from being arrested!

Comment

Originally posted by pearlescence View Post
              It must have looked deeply suspect that I handed over a wad of cash in exchange for a small package. With hindsight it's a lucky escape from being arrested!
              That is so funny!

Comment

Too funny!

Comment

Happy Birthday Wendy
                  And the story is way too funny! And the pic is great! Stonehenge is one of those places I need to visit on my future visit to the Ilses
                  Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
                  Follow Me!
                  Instagram
                  YouTube

Your Life evolves in the same way a Pearl grows: with continuous layers of experiences/nacre that add to the Story of your Life on Earth and make you Unique and Beautiful.
                  Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

Comment

It's been horribly improved now. My daughter and I abandoned an attempt a couple of years ago. I can still remember when tickets were sold by a man in a little shed and you could walk around the stones.
                    Now it is all heritage and a deliberate tourist attraction with exhibitions and stuff. The only magical way to see it now is to drive along the A303 and there it suddenly is, nestled in the landscape and as amazing as ever

Comment

Happy (belated?) birthday, Wendy!

Comment

Originally posted by pearlescence View Post
                        It's been horribly improved now. My daughter and I abandoned an attempt a couple of years ago. I can still remember when tickets were sold by a man in a little shed and you could walk around the stones.
                        Now it is all heritage and a deliberate tourist attraction with exhibitions and stuff. The only magical way to see it now is to drive along the A303 and there it suddenly is, nestled in the landscape and as amazing as ever
                        I'm getting old. I was at Stonehenge before there were any tickets at all. Didn't help build it, though

Comment

Could be a new 007 title: The Stonehenge Transaction.

Comment

LOL! You crack me up KarinK and Marianne

I started envisioning Josh and Wendy conducting a pearl transaction whilst being observed by the "ticket master" (who will become our villain, he wants to use the power of sustainable black pearls pearls for a sacred druidic ceremony to bring back a lost civilization to conquer our world) and KarinK offering help to James Bond, since she knows the "secret tunnels" underneath. Marianne would be a Druidess, who would betray her people for the greater good of Humanity, joining with forces with the "Apearlers" (Josh, Wendy, KarinK and 007), to stop this devilish plot!

I need less coffee!
                            Last edited by CortezPearls; 03-04-2021, 02:48 PM. Reason: typo
                            Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
                            Follow Me!
                            Instagram
                            YouTube

Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

Comment

Originally posted by CortezPearls View Post
                              LOL! You crack me up KarinK and Marianne

I started envisioning Josh and Wendy conducting a pearl transaction whilst being observed by the "ticket master" (who will become our villain, he wants to use the power of sustainable black pearls pearls for a sacred druidic ceremony to bring back a lost civilization to conquer our world) and KarinK offering help to James Bond, since she knows the "secret tunnels" underneath. Marianne would be a Druidess, who would betray her people for the greater good of Humanity, joining with forces with the "Apearlers" (Josh, Wendy, KarinK and 007), to stop this devilish plot!

I need less coffee!
                              After spending two hours trying to sort an fx with our bank, can I have some of what has made you so happy, Douglas?

Comment

OMG, there were no tickets when I saw it either, back in 1980. Just drove up and walked around it.

Comment

Working...
                                X