parfaitelumiere natural pearl collection

I'm also curious if you get them xrayed to make sure all the pearls are natural, since I have seen several appraisials where cultured pearls were mixed in with naturals to either lengthen the strand, or add larger pearls in the center. You have an amazing collection! How long have you been collecting? And I agree with the girlfriend choice, definitely get the one that loves pearls!

The x ray, never did it.
The first restring has been put in auction house, and gets certificate from "Laboratoire français de gemmologie", described as "natural saltwater pearl", as I estimated it.
I am collecting since maybe one year now, don't remember exactly, started on the forum, was looking for wild exotique pearl (clam, modiolus, etc) and get to natural saltwater.

Last edited:
remain

IMG_8234.jpg

freedom

IMG_8235.jpg

I really appreciate how you graduate the pearls by shape and size so that they flow. I imagine that is more difficult with natural pearls as they have different and asymmetric shapes. But somehow you make them flow and look almost round and they fit together like a puzzle. They are very pleasing to the eye.

you mean, the first picture?
Because the only I restrung is the first.
For the first, if I remember correctly, I measured each pearl, to avoid some larger between smallers, I am not sure I didn for the first or not, I know I did for other strands I placed but finally didn't restring, waiting for the big pearl, the 9mm one, to complete my dream strand.

My mistake-- I meant post #38, I thought that also was a re-string.
However, looking back on the first strand, the one that you did restring, it also has a lovely symmetry.

I am over the moon to see that clasp is given more and more importance. As some may know I have carried out a story of Clasps over 4000 years & 30 countries, and I have given lectures over the world on the subject.
Your collection of Art Deco period clasps is a real eye candy. I do love clasps as as I often say : "don't forget the clasp " :)
Lots of photos of clasps in link below signature

Back