Experiment ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experiment ideas?

For my biology class, everyone has to set up a simple experiment in a topic of interest. I would love to do an experiment on colored gems or pearls but I have no ideas. The experiment would have to involve a title or question, background and research, a hypothesis, experimental design, I would have to designate control and have variables, and a graph or chart. An experimental design is how/what you did in the experiment. This just has to be simple and I don't actually have to do an experiment, but it has to be realistic.
    Thanks,
    -Steph

Could I do something with the affects of light and heat on an imitation and the real thing?

Comment

OK. Here is my experimental question. Does pollution affect pearl-producing oysters and thusly the nacre thickness, quality, or color of a pearl produced by an oyster that lives in polluted water? I have a magazine article but I need more sources to prove this question. Any suggestions?

Comment

interesting topic, but I'm afraid you really aren't going to find much published information, its just not available.
        Kevin Canning
        Pearls Of Joy
        www.PearlsOfJoy.com
        Read My Blog
        FaceBook Fan Page
        1-800-451-1411

Comment

I suggest checking fishery journals, specifically in China. There is a lot of this research being done there. I know there is a way to access these journals online but I cannot seem to find it.
          You can also use Google translator if you can only find foreign language versions.
          For example:
          http://translate.google.com/translat...%3Den%26sa%3DN

Comment

I'm actually interested to know about the differentiation of real/fake pearls by applying heat/fire. One of the store owners I know actually burns some low quality pearls to let customers know they're real, but I'm not sure about the basis of that. Not really relevant, just a point of interest of mine.
            Aspiring ninja. Go Storm Shadow!

Comment

Working...
            X