No announcement yet.

Are Those Natural Colors ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That turned out really nice. Do you have anymore cool pearl pics to share?

Comment

Ingykiz, drusy pearls are also sometimes called rosebud pearls. They are bumpy and wrinkly and really cool looking. I am attaching a (not-quite-in-focus) photo for you...
      Attached Files

Comment

10-11mm? Great buy!

there are untreated strands out in the market and they are cheaper than those with treatment.

this year's harvest was really better as seen in the market. a big jump in quality, size and colors. the pearling techniques are rapidly improving...

was able to buy myself multi-colored potatoes at USD7/strand with some exotic colors in it...but that doesn't beat your 10-11mm semi-rounds at USD4.99!

Comment

Thanks Boo,
          I see them sometime on Ebay and I am tempted to buy a strand but I was never quite sure what they were. I assume they are not that rare coz the strands I find are usually less than $100. They also seem to have some good color saturation in some of the strands I find on Ebay.
          I really got taken on a strand of "Tahitian" pearls my first time out on Ebay. Dyed freshwater and when I tried to get my money back, the Ebay store went belly up. I tried to get some resolution through Ebay but no luck. It made me a savy shopper though and I have been able to get some good deals. Looks like alot of Pearl-guide members have made some nice purchases and I always check out the stores that have been posted here.

Comment

I bought 2 more strands of those lavender "cheap pearls", chose the best ones and this is the result:

Click image for larger version

Name:	s1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	291.3 KB
ID:	337777

Name:	s4.jpg
Size:	292.7 KB
ID:	337778

and same one with another clasp...

Name:	s3.jpg
Size:	245.0 KB
ID:	337779

I must say, I'm very happy with result.
            From some of remaining pearls I made matching bracelet...

Comment

It's gorgeous!

Comment

Breathtaking!!!!

I love that you figured out a way to have both yellow and white metals in the same piece.

Pattye
                so many pearls, so little time

Comment

Originally posted by pattye
                  Breathtaking!!!!

I love that you figured out a way to have both yellow and white metals in the same piece.

Pattye
                  so many pearls, so little time
                  Thank you - I wear white gold, silver and yellow gold - I wanted a necklace that will match what I put on my fingers. Those pearls took well both colors of the metal....

Comment

Originally posted by imanit
                    I bought 2 more strands of those lavender "cheap pearls", chose the best ones and this is the result:

[ATTACH]1417[/ATTACH]
                    [ATTACH]1418[/ATTACH]

and same one with another clasp...
                    [ATTACH]1419[/ATTACH]

I must say, I'm very happy with result.
                    From some of remaining pearls I made matching bracelet...
                    Ivona,

they look lovely and such a nice "clasp"..

Comment

To go back to the original title of this thread...

I noticed this strand from the same seller that imanit got the roundish pearls from:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...4776&rd=1&rd=1
                      Is this color natural? The same seller has other strands listed as "lavender," but these purples are so pretty!

Nicole

Comment

Working...
                      X