First Strand- Help me Choose =)

Shakentree

Hi,

I am new to this group but have been reading the boards for months. I contacted Pearl Paradise to start the process of purchasing my first strand of pearls. I decided I wanted freshwater pearls because I read they had more durability than Akoya. I really like the silver rose and rose overtones I have seen in all of your wonderful photos. My customer service rep (who has been fantastic) sent me four strands to choose from, but I am not sure if they are too rosey for me or which is the best because I do not have an experienced eye yet.

For reference, I am 5'2", 105lbs (very petite), light/medium brown hair, green eyes, and have fair skin with a neutral to cool undertone. I am considering an 18" necklace and 6.5" bracelet in 6.5-7 mm size pearls (I have always preferred daintier jewelry).

The top two strands are both AAA and the bottom two are Freshadamas. I am leaning towards the second or fourth strand because they look slightly less rose. I've included the studio lighting photo, natural light photo, and a photo from one of the boards that has the pearl color I like best (the bracelet on the left which was labeled as being AAAs).

I really appreciate any help you guys can give me. You all seem very experienced and educated with this and I don't want to bug my customer service rep too much! I'm not too sure how to attach photos so hopefully this works. And sorry if I stole someone's photo (the bracelet photo), I'm a newbie to forums and unsure of all the rules.

Attachments

• Studio Lighting.jpg
    Studio Lighting.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Natural Lighting.jpg
    Natural Lighting.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 36
  • Comparison Photo.jpg
    Comparison Photo.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 33
You should be able to tell from laying them over your wrist - you did mean they sent four photos, right? In reality, the color you like best may not be the one that pops when you lay it on your skin. Then again, they are all pretty darn close, with the second and fourth being slightly more neutral. Probably not very helpful, but welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome! I think you are right that the 2nd and 4th are less rosy.

The 2nd seems the most neutral but the luster of the 4th is better. There is more variation in the overtones of the bottom strand, and one pearl in the center has rose overtones.

They all look lovely. There's no right choice. It's not like any of them are obvious losers.

This comes down to what YOU like. Try them on around your neck and look in the mirror.

Instead of trying to pick the one you like, weed out the ones you don't like until there's only one strand left.
I always find that is the easiest way of doing it.

You should be able to tell from laying them over your wrist - you did mean they sent four photos, right? In reality, the color you like best may not be the one that pops when you lay it on your skin. Then again, they are all pretty darn close, with the second and fourth being slightly more neutral. Probably not very helpful, but welcome to the forum! :)

Oh yes, good catch! I DO mean they sent photos, not the actual strands so unfortunately I cannot try them on in person :( And I agree, they are all really close, so I might go with one of the AAA strands to save a dime. I really appreciate all the responses so far. You guys are the best! -Mary

May I give you my opinion?
Go for the higher luster pearls if you can afford to. You can always ask PP to swap out the rosier pearls. The Freshadama strand will be more nearly round, too.

Back