What have I got?

Misterdon50

IMG_3525.jpg

I don't know if the image uploaded but I bought this some 20yrs ago for my wife, who turns out doesn't like pearls. Wanting to know if they're worth anything near the $250 I paid for them.

Donald

The tag indicates they are FWCP (freshwater cultured pearls), 6-6.5mm, with a 14K yellow gold clasp.

These would be solid-nacre pearls (no bead inside, which is why they are not 100% round), and would have come from China.

They look nice enough, but smallish, and the current fashion is not so much for smaller pearls, even less so for visibly off-round pearls. You could try to sell them, but you will not get back what you paid for them. But then pre-owned jewelry generally does not resell at the price one paid.

Do you have a family member, perhaps a pre-teen, who might like them? Or a family member getting married who might like a pearl necklace for her wedding day?

Okay, thanks for the info. I'll look into that, good idea.

The tag indicates they are FWCP (freshwater cultured pearls), 6-6.5mm, with a 14K yellow gold clasp.

These would be solid-nacre pearls (no bead inside, which is why they are not 100% round), and would have come from China.

They look nice enough, but smallish, and the current fashion is not so much for smaller pearls, even less so for visibly off-round pearls. You could try to sell them, but you will not get back what you paid for them. But then pre-owned jewelry generally does not resell at the price one paid.

Do you have a family member, perhaps a pre-teen, who might like them? Or a family member getting married who might like a pearl necklace for her wedding day?

Back