White South Sea earrings

Keepitclassy

here are pics of my first pearl purchase. 10mm WSS. I absolutely love them.

Attachments

• 91E70086-0A9B-45A9-8966-2EB12F87DEE1.jpeg
    91E70086-0A9B-45A9-8966-2EB12F87DEE1.jpeg
    1,016.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 7DF37181-CD61-4AE4-9323-B707024DDD73.jpeg
    7DF37181-CD61-4AE4-9323-B707024DDD73.jpeg
    780.4 KB · Views: 69
What a wonderful purchase! There are some really nice backings called Chrysmela catch on Amazon that will keep your pearl very secure and flat against your ear. Make sure to get the ones with the extra wide supports. Those heavier pearls tend to pull forward and the backings can come off. Not sure what type of backing you already have but here is the link to my favorite backings!
Enjoy them, they are stunning.

I wear these with my diamond earrings as well.

Beautiful studs.

I bought monster earnuts to keep my larger studs upright and more comfortable. I bought mine from Fire Mountain Gems.

These are the 14K ones.

They also have less expensive gold plated and gold filled monster earnuts.

I can't wear the Chrysmela catch because they are plated, and they makes my skin break out.

Oh, they look beautiful! 10mm is a great size IMO, and they look wonderful on you! Enjoy!!!

Beautiful studs.

I bought monster earnuts to keep my larger studs upright and more comfortable. I bought mine from Fire Mountain Gems.

These are the 14K ones.

I can't wear the Chrysmela catch because they are plated, and they makes my skin break out.
My Chrysmela are 14K gold...

Beautiful studs.

These are the 14K ones.

It will probably be the nickel layer in some plating processes which affects your skin. If you select findings made to EU standards (no nickel) you will probably be okay.

The ones in the Amazon link are stated to be gold plated. Is there a listing for 14K ones?
I guess I'm not sensitive enough for them to irritate my skin. The extended round backing is some sort of polymer that clips onto the actual catch. This is what is listed...I have platinum and 14K.
  • Material: Surgical stainless steel internal mechanism for the high-tech precision and durable quality. Luxurious Coatings in Platinum and Gold are 99.9% in purity.

I guess I'm not sensitive enough for them to irritate my skin. The extended round backing is some sort of polymer that clips onto the actual catch. This is what is listed...I have platinum and 14K.
  • Material: Surgical stainless steel internal mechanism for the high-tech precision and durable quality. Luxurious Coatings in Platinum and Gold are 99.9% in purity.
"Luxurious coatings". That means plating.
It also says this:

MaterialGold-plated
ColorYellow Gold with Disc
StyleEarring stabilizer screw back
BrandChrysmela

What worries me more are the 1 star reviews where people say the mechanism failed and they lost an earring. :eek:

"Luxurious coatings". That means plating.
It also says this:

MaterialGold-plated
ColorYellow Gold with Disc
StyleEarring stabilizer screw back
BrandChrysmela

What worries me more are the 1 star reviews where people say the mechanism failed and they lost an earring. :eek:
I've owned the ones without the plastic extension over over 6 years and wear them with my diamond studs. They have never failed. The pearl backing style I own are more new, but they too have been working fine. If someone is sensitive to the gold or platinum plating, you're right, they should go with a solid gold. I have not had any problem with these and love the ease of how they work and hold larger pearls flat against the ear. As with anything like this, everyone has their own personal preference.

Back