What kind of pearls do I have and who is the maker?

djnyc220

I can't identify the attached pearls can you please help me.

This is my first post.

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0810.jpg
    IMG_0810.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0808.jpg
    IMG_0808.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0813.jpg
    IMG_0813.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 32
Hi and Welcome to Pearl-Guide.

From the looks of your pearls, I would guess they are natural color cultured freshwater pearls from China. I can see the clasp is stamped 4K. Is there a 1 in front of the 4? If so, it would mean 14k gold, or 58.50 parts pure gold. We always like to see the whole clasp and the whole necklace. I also see the other stamped in design, which I would describe as 3 columns. That could be the logo of the manufacturer of the clasp. It is possible the spacer beads are 14K, but a jeweler would have to test them for you.

If you were thinking that is a fancy M for Mikimoto, I can say with authority it is not.

We appreciate any information you have about the necklace, such as its length, history, anything you were told about it, how it was obtained~that sort of info. More photos of the strand and clasp would be appreciated. Thanks!

I agree with Pattye. Just want to add that pieces like this can both pretty to wear and have great sentimental value, but they are not really worth anything in retail.

- Karin

It may interest you to know that these cultured freshwater pearls are solid nacre-- no bead inside. Instead of a bead, a bit of mantle tissue was implanted to start off the process of nacre being laid down. So they are very durable!

This sort of inexpensive multicolor necklace is great for very casual wear. The colors go with almost anything.

You can also wind it around your wrist a few times to wear it as a bracelet.

Back