What kind of Pearl Necklace to get??

pearlywhites

Okay, it has been like 5 minutes since I got my first pearls. Are pearls just like cookies? You can't just have one?

Now I want a long necklace. I'm 37 and love fashion. I want long pearls that I can wear as a double strand out in the evenings, but also mostly casual and long during the day with jeans and boots and blouses.......

What do you recommend? SS are so expensive. How do you decide whether to get button, baroque, round, etc.? What's the obvious pearl to wear for my style? South Sea to go with my new pearl earrings and because they are so beautiful......or Akoya or something else?

Thank you thank you!!!

Okay, it has been like 5 minutes since I got my first pearls. Are pearls just like cookies? You can't just have one?
That's the way it works!!

Well, if cost is no object, SS, of course. Just a thought, though, perhaps a freshwater keshi strand, all white pearls in different shapes like this one of Sarah's with some large SS mixed in? Big pearls not only cost lots, they weigh lots, too! http://shop.kojimapearl.com/products/extra-long-long-drill-doublet-keshi-necklace Might include some fab coin pearls, large wing pearls, too. Using freshwaters for the majority of the pearls would keep the cost down. Or freshwater ovals with the large SS at intervals, a bit more formal, but fun. Just a few thoughts that came to mind~I do love the versatility of a long rope!

Here's another one: http://shop.kojimapearl.com/products/2-strand-pearl-medley-necklace This has mixed colors~

Last edited:
Wow Pattye, I really like that second one 'mixed pearls' necklace. Divine! I would see that one in my collection... so versatile. I think I would keep admiring each one of them pearls. That's a hole lot in a package! Is the price reasonable for you?

Isabelle,

That 2nd necklace is actually a 2 strand, but I thought it a good example of how large round SS pearls would look in a mixed color long strand. It includes a number of pearls, Japanese Kasumi, South Sea pearls and Tahitian pearls, which are more valuable than the Freshwaters, but make it such an interesting and creatively designed necklace. Yes, I feel the price is very reasonable.

Back