what do you think of these?

thepearlgirls

What do you guys think of SSP with laser embedded diamonds?

Attachments

• DSC01356.jpg
    DSC01356.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 32
Personally, I think YUK! but that could just be a taste thing. Pearl earrings are supposed to look classy, they look like disco balls gone wrong - or that guys face from the james bond film!! I dont think the colour helps with that look either.

Correct me if Im wrong, but dont they do things like that to hide blemishes?

My reaction to those is like the one I have for the carved ones.......
although I can understand If they do so when the pearl's surface is too blemished.

Not sure about those in particular - but love the concept. In this case, without a metal rim around the stones and white on butter-yellow, the diamonds seem lost. It could be the picture that's bad, it could be that the stones were lacklustre... Otherwise a BIG fan! :cool:

The best example yet was a large white with a burst of single cut pink and white diamonds. Close run to a pair of black pearls with green overtone, set with red, green and white. Very striking :) I don't mind the thought that those stones might sit on some ex-blemish. The result if too darn good to worry.

using pearls just seems a step up from an already beautiful thing (same, on precious metal) - LOOK HERE and HERE for an example of what I am talking about ...

As earrings, no. But maybe as (women's) cufflinks...although the gold may not look so flattering with white French Cuff shirts. It might be fun to do one of those as a mystery clasp in a strand or bracelet. It wouldn't be much of a mystery, though, would it? Just for fun.

PS. Both sites linked there don't let me point any particular piece.

If I could, would have linked to THESE (print screen down the link).

E Curley said:
It might be fun to do one of those as a mystery clasp in a strand or bracelet. It wouldn't be much of a mystery, though, would it? Just for fun.

Big round clasp on smaller baroque strand. Worn in front. Yum! :cool:

Back