What are these worth?

K

killafawk

bad quailty picture but the they are about 50 years old from what ive been told. they are in a Ultima box that say "Ultima Cultured Pearls 14kt. gold"

7190d97e.jpg

Are you asking for a free online appraisal? I don't think that is a good idea for many reasons.

I don't think it is possible to tell much from this picture. It is blurry. It would be better to have several views of the item, to see the clasp clearly, maybe even both sides, and also one of the box with the brand showing. There are people who may recognize the brand and tell you something if they could see the relevent views.

Nothing came up when I googled it.

well im getting a better camera tommarrow so ill see if i can get a better pictures.

PICT1144.jpg

PICT1145.jpg

let me see if i can add to something more detail about them.

these were bought in about the late 40's or 50's they have rarely ever been worn, been stored away in this box, belongd to my aunt before she passed away. the first pearl necklance is 3 sets of a 3 sets as one necklace, i tried to count how many on each string but i got to around 50 and i wasnt half way threw it, so theres about over 100 on each string so basicly making 300+ small pearls joined by im guessing the signiture 14kt gold clasp? and right in the middle of the clasp is a big pearl.

the other set is just a single string of pearls nothing fancy about the clasp so we are not sure if these were part of the orginal box

You have 2 necklaces there. Which one belongs in the box? The one with the missing clasp? With 2 necklaces and no one knowing which one belongs in there...............beats me

At this point my guess is that the triple strander is faux- something about the way they glisten- but they do look like 1950’s style.

Please rub a pearl form the three strander on the edge of your top tooth. Does it feel really smooth? Try it with the other one too. Does it feel a little grittier- like a really fine emory board?

How large is the single strand? You can always take a photo with a dime showing by the larger one, I see the smaller one has a quater.
So far no one has heard of Ultima or you would’a had an answer, but having the pictures up is fun for lookers and you may eventually hear from someone who knows which one belongs in the box-.

Now someone out there want to comment on the remark the 3 stranders is faux? What do you think?

Last edited:
What are these?

What are these?

Hi Caitlin,

They can also be original Biwas. I would not be particularly surprised if both necklaces were original Biwas and since at least the single strand has bead cap ends, they may have been purchased as a set to share a clasp. It would also not at all surprise me if they were both Mallorca beads and put in the box of a pearl necklace that itself has gotten lost. The pictures do not reveal enough clues to say either way. The twisted strand looks far mor like late 1980s or early 1990s than 1950s, though which would push me in the direction of suspecting Mallorcas that migrated to another box.

Zeide

Hi Killafawk
I defer to Zeide, my guesses are amateurish, hers are knowledgable, but I wanted to keep the thread going till some people could see it.
Good luck!

Last edited:
Back