The Pink Pearl: A Natural Treasure of the Caribbean

Rachfrog

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone had, or knows where I can find an english copy of the The Pink Pearl: A Natural Treasure of the Caribbean. It's out of print and amazon and anywhere online wants like $500 for a copy, which is insane. I would be willing to may more than the $58 sticker on the book, but it needs to be more reasonable than $500.

If anyone out there has one that they'd be willing to sell, or if anyone knows where I might be able to get a copy, please let me know.

Thanks!

Thanks for the ideas guys - it definitely looks like i'm gonna need to wait for a Serendipitous moment here..but again if anyone has one to spare or sees one for sale at say $200 or less - give me a shout!

Much as I love books, evidenced by the overflowing shelves in my home, I would take a second look at the description of this book. It may not have as much "educational" information, as I get the impression this is mainly a photo journal with some text of a famous collection of pink pearls. Which means you may be paying a premium price for a book of photos, although beautiful I am sure, that may be available free on the internet. If you are wanting to learn about this particular collection of pink pearls, I am sure the book is a treasure, but you could also be disappointed with the actual information, just a thought. I have ordered so many books over the years with high expectations only to be a little let down when they arrive. A book on turquoise just arrived today, great photos of turq jewelry, but precious little information on the turquoise stones and mines, just an example. Luckily I paid under 20 bucks for it. Just a thought.

Not at all-- I have this book and it is a very interesting and educational read! And definitely not just about a particular collection of pearls.

Yes, great photos but lots of good reading as well.

Back