Strand Comparison

Strand Comparison

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Bottom

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
top one is crazy, so clean, so fine and glossy, really crazy quality!
Also like the small pink tone in it.

I purchased a strand yesterday, and this thread grab my curiosity.
Here is all I have for now, one strand is natural, other are akoya.
The last I purchased is second on top, do you think it's hanadama quality?
The nacre is very thick also, It was hard to see the bead when candling, no color, the conchitine layer is fine and deeply inside the pearl, eve the smallest pearls are hard to tell, but akoya.
Compared to other strands...far beyond.
IMG_6876.jpg

Eras are:
-1950's
-unknown, but probably 20's or 30's
-late XIX early XX
-1920's
-1920's

Last edited:
Oh, I really like that second one from the top. I'm not qualified to really be a judge but I know you'd have to see the whole strand and I'm not sure if they count graduated pearls in the hanadama quality as part of the judging is on how close the pearls are to each other in size/shape/color.

When I was talking with Mikimoto about pearls, I was looking at a 7mm-9mm A1 strand and it was so flashy with the orient. It was A1 because of the slight surface blemishes (very, very slight), but the sales person told me that because a very lustrous pearl might have a blemish or slightly off-round, it's not moved up to an A or above so it gets put into that A1 category of graduated. So you sometimes get very nice A1s in those graduated strands that they cannot place into better full strands.

At least...that's my take-away from it. That 7mm-9mm A1 still has my heart. I wish I would have taken pictures of it.

top one is crazy, so clean, so fine and glossy, really crazy quality!
Also like the small pink tone in it.

I purchased a strand yesterday, and this thread grab my curiosity.
Here is all I have for now, one strand is natural, other are akoya.
The last I purchased is second on top, do you think it's hanadama quality?
The nacre is very thick also, It was hard to see the bead when candling, no color, the conchitine layer is fine and deeply inside the pearl, eve the smallest pearls are hard to tell, but akoya.
Compared to other strands...far beyond.
View attachment 58252

Eras are:
-1950's
-unknown, but probably 20's or 30's
-late XIX early XX
-1920's
-1920's

Excited to share that my new strand is on the way! :D Even more exciting that PP allowed me to see some of their new strands that came in and I got to pick out a nice rose one.

Okay, I'll share with you :)

Diana733A.jpg

Back