Sins of pearl wear

If I remember correctly the "surface faults" of pearls will be easier spotted if they are on a white background, perhaps it is because of this preferred by the jewellers to put them on black!

The only sin I can think of is wearing pearls when also wearing angora wool - the fuzz gets wrapped around the silk and knots in big lumps.

That Tiffany/AH necklace looks in need of urgent re-stringing - some huge gaps between the pearls on AH's right?

These pearls were fakes but because of their size they too managed to stretch very soon when being worn. A pity none of us beaders were around...

I saw a photo of The Queen recently and thought her pearls looked a bit stretched...debating whether to write and offer to re-string...

Right. And don't ever try branch coral... I've recently restrung my necklace rather then pinch every hair out. :eek:

Wow, Ana! Thanks! Important safety tip! I've been looking at pearl, onyx and silver branches. I shall look no more.

I saw a photo of The Queen recently and thought her pearls looked a bit stretched...debating whether to write and offer to re-string...

If she accepts the offer, take detailed pictures of her jewllery! :D

Back