Should I buy these pearls?

Elias

Hello,

I always am offered to buy different kind of jewelry and these pearl items caught my attention. Any of it is a good but? What kind of pearls they are, if real pearls?
The first one, my favorite, is a double necklace with yellow gold flowers in the front and a platinum clasp, with interesting grayish pearls.
The second one is a pendant with gold and diamonds.
The third one is a drop necklace, this one I guess isn't real.
The last one is a silver chain with colored pearls. Do you all like any? Which should I buy? Not sure if it is allowed to inform the prices they are asking here please let me know. Thank you.
7594026.jpg7594026_2.jpg7594026_1.jpgScreenshot_20200816-192914_1.jpgScreenshot_20200816-183015_1.jpgScreenshot_20200817-015238_1.jpgScreenshot_20200816-183537_1.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200817-015238.jpg
    Screenshot_20200817-015238.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 56
The first one looks like someone reused a good single strand clasp with a double stand of freshwater pearls. Don't know about the pendant, but it doesn't go with the rest of the necklace. It looks like somebody created this necklace from 3 different necklaces.

The pendant looks interesting. Could be natural pearls.

The 3rd necklace looks fake.

The tin-cup has pearls that are very odd shapes. Could be fake.

I love that clasp and would get it if for the clasp alone if the price was good. What does the back side of both the clasp and flower look like? I also think that there might be a few blue baroque akoyas around the flowers, but honestly, it is hard to tell from your photo.

-first necklace is recent work, using I think a art deco period clasp, good one, ugly centerpiece, and no idea about the pearls, freshwater would be my best bet, kind of nice colors, but don't like the overal work.
-second looks like antique pendant, natural pearls, maybe center is cultured and a replacement pearl.
-third item looks like fake
-fourth item looks like modern chinese freshwater, not interesting.

piece one and two can be interesting, depending on price.
My personnal choice would be first piece if cheap, just for the clasp, but I think the effort they did to create the piece, it won't be cheap, meaning probably not worth the price to get the clasp.

I don't like the first one either, sorry. As stated before, the clasp style clashes with the flower and I don't like how they adapted it for two strands. The pearls are nuggets with a flat side and the flat side annoys me a lot. I love the colour as well but you can get a nice strand in that shade for a lot less than what I guess the seller is asking for the necklace.

The second is my favourite. I love the old cut diamond and the tiny naturals. This will likely hold its value over the years.

The third and fourth is costume jewelry with fake pearls and base metal. I don't like how the hooks are not fully closed and there is a stray thread in the fourth.

I would skip the last one as well.

Of those, the only piece I would consider buying is the second.

Back