Sakura Pearls

BWeaves

Every so often someone posts asking about some obscure brand of pearls, so I thought I'd share info I have on Sakura brand pearls.

Here's the appraisal I found for my Aunt Love's Blue Lagoon strand of pearls. The strand has the typical Blue Lagoon clasp and came in a Blue Lagoon box. They are very nice quality pearls, although I think the appraisal price of $1500 was a bit high for 1998. The appraisal document lists Exquisite cultured pearls by Mikimoto and Sakura cultured pearls, but neither of those brand names are checked on this appraisal because my aunt's pearls were neither of those brands.

Sakura cultured pearls appear to be a trademarked brand of cultured pearls sold by stores belonging to Best Products Co. Sakura pearls may also have been sold other places, as they are not owned by Best Products Co.

I'm not sure if Exquisite was strictly a Best trademark, but it was one of Miki's lesser quality brands. I know that Blue Lagoon and Sea Magic were also Mikimoto lesser quality brands. Sea Magic was sold by Kay Jewelers. Don't get me wrong, Miki's lesser quality brands were much better than many AAAA no name strands of pearls.

IMG_2614.jpeg

Last edited:
Every so often someone posts asking about some obscure brand of pearls, so I thought I'd share info I have on Sakura brand pearls.

Here's the appraisal I found for my Aunt Love's Blue Lagoon strand of pearls. The strand has the typical Blue Lagoon clasp and came in a Blue Lagoon box. They are very nice quality pearls, although I think the appraisal price of $1500 was a bit high for 1998. The appraisal document lists Exquisite cultured pearls by Mikimoto and Sakura cultured pearls, but neither of those brand names are checked on this appraisal because my aunt's pearls were neither of those brands.

Sakura cultured pearls appear to be a trademarked brand of cultured pearls sold by stores belonging to Best Products Co. Sakura pearls may also have been sold other places, as they are not owned by Best Products Co.

I'm not sure if Exquisite was strictly a Best trademark, but it was one of Miki's lesser quality brands. I know that Blue Lagoon and Sea Magic were also Mikimoto lesser quality brands. Sea Magic was sold by Kay Jewelers. Don't get me wrong, Miki's lesser quality brands were much better than many AAAA no name strands of pearls.

View attachment 468906
This is interesting and have learned something new!

Back