Real Tahitian Pearls or Not??

Christie

My apologies if I am not posting this correctly, (I’m a newbie to this and still learning the ropes). Anyway, my parents gave me these loose and un-drilled pearls awhile ago. Can anyone tell me if they are authentic Tahitian pearls or not? (And if their not Tahitian pearls what are they) And if possible what their estimated value/worth is. 70E10F7A-84E4-4757-AB6E-644CDBBFFB3E.jpg4E9829D1-36D7-4AF8-B3C3-B873FE032B60.jpg8E92AEBF-D8B3-42BA-81DF-1704F06240D3.jpg

Hi Christie, welcome to the forum. They are real Tahitian pearls but I don't know about the value. I leave the appraisals to the vendors here.

That drop pearl is beautiful - very unique color! We'd need to know exact sizes to any sort of valuation though.

The silver drop has lovely coloration and very pleasing teardrop shape. I bet it would make a fabulous pendant. What size is it?

your Tahitian drop is gorgeous!

Mahalo (thank you) everyone for the kind comments and advice! I will definitely check out some online stores on Etsy to get an idea. As for the size (i’m not sure if it’s 100% accurate) but I was told the the 2 round ones are approximately 7.5 - 8.5 mm and the drop is approximately 11.5 or 12mm. Thank you all for your help!!

I bought a drop shape like that from Ehret design..or DruzyDesign ( same company) a few years ago and it's a very similar silvery colour with teal and pink .. about 12mm , undrilled, and it was , as I recall, around 85- 90USD ? Price would be much the same now from them. Normally I wouldn't buy retail but sometimes you see something and think...I want that colour.

Back