Pictures of my freshwater pearls

Nah, definitely not too much. Darker colors look smaller as well. They may be more striking, but I'd try on double strands before returning. My freshwater baroques are huge as well but I tried them on as multiple strands and the result was amazing.

pearllove said:
Pernula,
I don't think I will wear the fw baroque strands together as the pearls are larger (11-12mm) and I am only 5ft. tall. I am thinking of getting a matching bracelet and earrings made with one of the strands, but I'm not sure if I can carry it off. Do you think that's too much? To wear a strand with a matching bracelet and earrings in the larger pearl sizes?

Hi Pearllove,

I think it depends a lot on your own preference. I would think earrings and necklace are definitely not too much. You can try wearing two necklaces together like Raison suggested and you can also wear a necklace and then drape another one over your wrist so that it kind of looks like a bracelet and decide whether you like the look.

I am about your height and have three baroque CFWP necklaces from PP. I have worn two of them together (about 16 " and 18.5") and surprisingly they are not too overwhelming, in fact both my husband and I like the look.:D I think light lavender/pink and multi do not stand out as much against the skin as the dyed black ones though. I guess you just have to try them out. Good luck making a decision and have fun!:)

Pernula

Like Raisondetre, I often wear largish freshwater baroques as multiples - I am also not much over 5' tall! Not sure that you could do more than 2, though! BUT I would definitely do a bracelet and matching earrings with one of the strands - maybe even a double strand bracelet - sometimes just earrings and a huge bracelet stand out perfectly well on their own - no necklace required! I really love the strands you've bought - all 3 are gorgeous! I have never seen such large dyed freshwater baroques!

The Freshadama strands blow me away - so perfect! Love the lavender particularly - hmmm, very tempted. Also think your morganite ring is pretty special - looks fantastic against pearls!

Nerida.

Hi All,

Just pokin' my nose in here, but I do think a suite is nice and especially with fw not so expensive to put together. It is difficult to match colors later and time consuming too. I have noticed with my black dyed fw, some are much more blue, others more black-brown based. Although I don't usually wear all the pieces except on the most formal occasions, I feel it adds value to have the whole grouping, necklace, earrings and bracelet, and coordinated ring too! Bracelets are very "in" this year with the 3/4 sleeves, other times not so big------IMHO------

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

p.s. I'll say it again------You Pearl Princesses Set the Trends! Break a few rules, GO BIG, BEAUTIFUL PEARLS are ALWAYS IN GOOD TASTE!

I think those necklaces would look terrific with dangling earrings made from the smaller pearls near the ends of the strand. The bigger pearls would be fine for earrings, too, but harder on the ears.

Personally, I draw the line at big bracelets because I drag them over the keyboard and generally I am very tough on them. I would wear a big pearl bracelet for special occasions where I am less likely to bash it.

I'm now dreaming about a Sea of Cortez keshi bracelet. I wonder where that idea came from???;)

I noticed that the natural FWP only come in pink/peach, lavender & multicolor (seems like pink & lavender combined). Do they come in any other colors? I am a fair Asian but I think I have gold tone; so I don't think I look good in those pastels. I love the multicolor baroque akoya and it may match my skin tone better. Too bad there is none at PP or PO right now. Just checking on the FW since I want to have some non-bead nucleated baroque pearls. Thanks.

Last edited:
beautiful pearls!
It's nice to see them side by side. I don't own any freshadamas just yet but have often wondered which color I'd choose. After seeing these pics I'd have to say I'm leaning towards lavender.

Your pearls are just gorgeous

Your pearls are just gorgeous

Your pearls are beautiful! I'm convinced, I need to save up and get freshadama's in all colors...

:)
Reiah

Back