pearls at September 2013 Tucson show

starfish

Community member
I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a seller of freshwater and/or Tahitian pearls at the September Tucson show? I have attended both Tucson shows for many years, but oddly enough have never been interested in pearls. Things have changed! It all started with a pair of Tahitian and diamond drop earrings from The GJX show in February 2013. But February 2014 is a long way off.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. This forum has been so informative and educational, many thanks to all!

Starfish

Hi Starfish. Welcome!

The Holidome has some ok to good pearls. It is mostly the beaders that attend the SEPT show, and it mostly freshwater pearls, but they are generally not strung up yet. Is that OK? I do think you will find some that are strung up. Is is worth a look. Most of the same venders also set up at one of those motels on the frontage road. They change names, so I am not sure which one it is any more.

I have bought a lot of Pearls from Evergreen, but those guys are 6 of one, 1/2 dozen of the other...

Majestic has some better quality beading pearls if you are going to the Holidome. The more you buy, the bigger the discount. :)

I almost mentioned them, then remembered, the last time we went to Majestic, they weren't ready to give Hisano a good deal and she was buying a fair amount. So, she bought a few boxes from Evergreen, then Jeremy and I sat on them right in front of Majestic (it was by the door) until Hisano caught up with us. They were definitely eying those boxes!

Maybe they will be in a better mood at the Holidome!

Oh Caitlin, that is a funny story. I can just picture you guys sitting on boxes of pearls... ho hum..... :)

You never know with vendors at the holidome, do you? They never act the same way twice. :) I did have one big buy with Majestic there. I got 950 dollars of pearls for 520 dollars. They had a lot of beautifully-dyed colors. My favorite was a light taupe. Basically, I bought things that John Tu didn't have at the time. So now I have a fairly wide pearl palette of colors for bead work. But I have no time! Ahrrrgh!

I can't blame you for teasing them. I probably would have sashayed by their booth with my purchases prominently displayed. From Evergreen, I have various CZ briolettes and the beige is my favorite. And some labradorite beads. They're pretty good price-wise.

I got a good klonk from them about 6 years ago. Don't avoid them at the Holidome, Starfish, just compare what they have at what prices. There may be someone else with highly lustrous pearls. So keep an eye out everywhere.

Haha we were laughing too!!!! We didn't do it on purpose, we were waiting in front of the door, which is next to them. I must say Roy treated Hisano like a celebrity, so I hope she is happy with the pearls. (neon colors)

Thank you for the recommendations. I seem to remember Majestic at the Holidome in past February shows. If I recall correctly there are swarms of people at their booth, at least on opening day.

I don't trust my eyes yet with pearls so I'm anxious to look and handle in person after trying to educate myself online. Hopefully I can learn something before the February show, when I know there will be no problem locating pearls.

Starfish

Back