Pearl Images

C

Cam Hatch

Hi All

I am planning a series of events towards the end of this year and I'm wanting to feature a type of 'exhibition' of photographs of pearl farming and harvesting. I am needing maybe 6 to 12 high res images of the whole process of collecting/seeding/cleaning/harvesting etc that I can blow up to maybe A3 size.

The exhibition will be in a 5-star hotel and guests will be fairly high callibre ladies, so the images will need to be "beautiful", or so to speak :p And South Sea images would be preferred!:D

Does anyone know where I can get hold of some images, or point me in the right direction?? :confused:

Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi Camille,
I will send you a handful that I think may work for you from one of my trips.
Best,

Doncha just love this forum?

Hi Amanda,
Can we see some of those pix?

I hope to see some pix of the exhibit, too, Cam. Or some of the publicity pictures? Anyway, hope it is a great success.

Hi All,
I hope see this images too. Now I am building a kind of library about pearls, and everything will be interesting. Here is very difficult to obtain bokks and other resources about pearl at reasonables prices.

Ricardo

Hi Amanda

Thanks for the offer of sending the images! It really shows how good this forum really is when you can ask "colleagues" a question and you get genuine offers of help, advice and personal opinions.

Caitlin, thank you for the good wishes for the event. I'll make sure I share the outcome and some pics!

Thanks everyone!
Camille

Here are a few. I have thousands more as well.
The first is an image of a farm in Zhuji.
The second is my son at a farm in Xuwen.
The third is a freshly harvested mussel.
The fourth is nucleation at an Akoya farm.

Attachments

• pg-freshwater pearl farm.JPG
    pg-freshwater pearl farm.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 41
  • pg-my son at a farm.JPG
    pg-my son at a farm.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 39
  • pg-freshwater mussel harvest.JPG
    pg-freshwater mussel harvest.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Nucleation-pg.JPG
    Nucleation-pg.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 38
Hi Camille,
Let me know if you like any of them. They were large files so hopefully they made it safely. I really like the first picture, Jeremy. I think it would make a beautiful framed picture.

Best,

Congratulations for the photos Jeremy, all are very informative. Do you have some photo of post-harvest process?

Ricardo Cunha Lima

Thanks Jeremy for posting your photo's. I really like the first one aswell.

Amanda, your images came through on email, thank you!

Hi Jeremy,
I do not know the name of all post harvest process. But I would to know about the lustering and so on..
Thanks for information

Back