Pearl identification please

Diamondsareforever

Some photos have flash… set in 14k gold

Pearl Ring TopPearl Ring SIdePearl Ring AnglePearl Ring Back

Nice find!

I'm thinking this looks like an American cultured freshwater pearl (American Pearl Company, John Latendresse)-- see similar items in this old catalog. The setting looks similar to the setting of one of their rings.
You can use the arrows to go back and forward in the catalog:

Another link-- same website:

Also, I expect Sarah / Kojima Pearls could tell us if she thinks this ring is from that company.

Nice find!

I'm thinking this looks like an American cultured freshwater pearl (American Pearl Company, John Latendresse)-- see similar items in this old catalog. The setting looks similar to the setting of one of their rings.
You can use the arrows to go back and forward in the catalog:

Another link-- same website:
I looked here and didn’t see anything that looked similar. I think the ring is fairly old. 50 years?

The company was around longer than that. The August 1985 issue of National Geographic has an article about pearls with a photo showing John and Chessy Latendresse holding a strand of natural American FW pearls they had collected from the Tennessee River over the course of 25 years. So that is at least 1960.

I saw a ring that looked a bit like that in the catalog. I'm sure the catalog was not exhaustive.

Of course it could just be a FW pearl ring from another source.

My q
The company was around longer than that. The August 1985 issue of National Geographic has an article about pearls with a photo showing John and Chessy Latendresse holding a strand of natural American FW pearls they had collected from the Tennessee River over the course of 25 years. So that is at least 1960.

I saw a ring that looked a bit like that in the catalog. I'm sure the catalog was not exhaustive.

Of course it could just be a FW pearl ring from another source.
My question is why would someone put one freshwater pearl in a ring? The pearl is kind of ugly lol

My q

My question is why would someone put one freshwater pearl in a ring? The pearl is kind of ugly lol
To their standards, it could have been a high grade pearl. Back in the day, freshwater pearls were very different! This one could have been considered a stunner.
Could also be natural. We don't really know much about the pearl and its backstory. These stories can just make the pearls so much more interesting, beautiful and valuable.

To their standards, it could have been a high grade pearl. Back in the day, freshwater pearls were very different! This one could have been considered a stunner.
Could also be natural. We don't really know much about the pearl and its backstory. These stories can just make the pearls so much more interesting, beautiful and valuable.
👏

So...I guess that means you are not the owner of the ring? ;)

Beauty is, as they say, in the eye of the beholder. (I like it.)

Don't forget gold used to cost a lot less than it does now.
I am the temporary owner of this ring.

I just mean it doesn’t seem flattering enough to be set like that.

I have no back story. :(
How to know if natural?

Lol! I just sent in a freshwater pearl - $200 later 😬

Can someone explain the candle light thing to see
Sure!
Start reading from the very beginning to get the whole marrow out of it.

Back