Pearl Farm Manager Wanted

Owen Henderson

Community member
Hi,

If anybody lives in Australia and reads the West Australian newspaper in Perth they may have seen an add placed for a Pearl Farm Manager.

The pearl farm is located in Bali and would be just about the best place to work in the world.... any takers :)

Owen,
thanks for the info - impossible to grab a copy of the West Australian here in Germany :cool:, would it be possible for you to scan the add and mail it to me? Nevermind if not, I was just curious which farm and company it is looking for a farm manager...
Thanks a lot, Sven

I'm interested too.

There are a couple of other takers before me, please consider them first.

I'm single, mobile and experienced in aquaculture site management.

The company is called Ocean Blue Mutiara and are an Australian company focused on production and supply of Pinctada Maxima pearl oysters and South Sea Pearls from their Bali pearl farm...

By the way just for interest Mutiara mean pearl in the Indonesian language.

I think they should pay me commission for promoting their company :)

I'm interested too.

There are a couple of other takers before me, please consider them first.

I'm single, mobile and experienced in aquaculture site management.

Dave,
I?m not going to apply for the job, as I am about to open a shop in Berlin. I actually tried to work in Bali two years ago but didn?t get the position in the end. But if you go for it i wouldn?t mind an invitation to visit the farm and buy some pearls for my business over here...:cool:

Owen, thank you fo the info!

Regards, good luck,
Sven

Good luck with the shop Sven. Are you specializing in Pearls or all types of jewllery? I have a friend in Germany who has been out of work for while... Things are picking up there I hope.

I was being frivolous and a bit daydreamery. The thought of going off to Bali is very attractive but my business is here. At the most superficial level it is probably warm, sunny and relaxed there while here it is cold, foggy, and damp and stressed on a national level.
Sven, what sort of shop..details!

Hi Wendy and Owen, all
If everything turns out as we hope (and expect...), we will (re-)open approx. in August 2010. The shop already exists and we are in the process of taking it over. It is a store and goldsmith workshop (I am a goldsmith) that is somewhat specialized in antique jewellery and in addition to that offers one-of-a-kind pieces produced in the workshop. I?ll manage the store together with my wife. We are not going to specialize in pearls but we?ll offer a range of pearl jewellery and maybe even do a little bit of pearl wholesale on top... One of the antigue pieces offered in the shop is in this thread. They have some nice pieces with natural pearls, I?ll show pictures when everything is ready... As I love pearls, they will play arather big roll, but customers demand might be different, who knows?

Kind regards, Sven

I was being frivolous and a bit daydreamery. The thought of going off to Bali is very attractive but my business is here. At the most superficial level it is probably warm, sunny and relaxed there while here it is cold, foggy, and damp and stressed on a national level.
Sven, what sort of shop..details!

Wendy - you and me both with the daydreaming. Although I am unqualified to do the work it sure sounds lovely compared to being under the grey blanket of clouds.

Sven - can't wait to hear more about your shop.

Dave,
I?m not going to apply for the job, as I am about to open a shop in Berlin. I actually tried to work in Bali two years ago but didn?t get the position in the end. But if you go for it i wouldn?t mind an invitation to visit the farm and buy some pearls for my business over here...:cool:

Best wishes for success in your new venture, Sven.

In the end, I'm not sure I'll qualify either, but I'm certainly excited at the prospect.

The mere fact I'm making contacts, sending feelers around the world and learning new things from this forum group is highly exciting in itself. It would be delightful to meet anywhere.

I was being frivolous and a bit daydreamery. The thought of going off to Bali is very attractive but my business is here.

Pretty hard not to, given our passion for these gems.

Needless to say, big bright lights came on when Owen posted this. It's kind of neat to know I may be eligible for a very unique opportunity. If anything, it's food for thought and well worth pursuing further.

I suppose it's alot of daydreaming on my part too, because the first go-round was expensive, intensive and not highly productive, aside from collecting a beautiful set of naturals. Perhaps I was 25 years ahead of myself and wish I knew then, what I know now.

The vision lives on, though. I doubt that'll change any time soon.

Last edited:
Good luck with the shop from me also Sven. If I had skills to produce pearls in to great looking finished jewellery I would much preferably be doing that then trading in loose pearls.

Hi everybody,
thank you so much for your wishes concerning the store! I?ll provide more information when we proceed. Hopefully we will be opening/starting in late summer (july/august).

Regards, Sven

Back