Paging GemGeek

I knew I wanted them, saved up the money to buy them, and have enjoyed mine for seven years without the slightest regret. Never buy jewelry because it meets a certain standard. Buy jewelry because it makes your heart sing. :cool:

Good advice, GemGeek!! It's somewhat difficult to buy these over the internet as you can't really see the actual color, surface finish and lustre in person. Also, the grade of the pearl comes into play merely from a cost factor as I don't want to pay for gem grade if they are really "blue Pearls". does that make sense? It's not about loving them or not- I've been want an Eyris pearl since I first saw the pictures a few years ago.

I'm not too worried about the earring wires- those are pretty much all I wear. I learned long ago (after losing an earring I loved) to always put one of those little clear plastic tubes up the back wire to prevent me from losing another. I keep a stock of them on hand. :) but I agree that these wires seem very long and another style might work a little better.

I'll wait to hear their asking price and make a decision. But if anyone else cares to comment or has an opinion about them, please let me know. thanks!!

Hi pinkjewel, Thank you for posting this thread.
The pearls do seem to have a bit of surface texture, but the color and the settings are gorgeous! (imho)

Hi pinkjewel, Thank you for posting this thread.
The pearls do seem to have a bit of surface texture, but the color and the settings are gorgeous! (imho)
I agree with Marianne - they are gorgeous. They aren't perfect, yes, but the color is the most important attribute for me. Only one of my pearls is gem grade. What does everyone else think?

Thank you Pattye, Marianne, and GemGeek for your helpful opinions. I will wait to get the price and see if they are in my budget!!

Pinkjewel, I would be more worried about the difference in color between the green earrings and the more blue pendant, although my earrings are green blue and blue green and it doesn't bother me. Just something else to consider. :)

Wow, what gorgeous photos! I bet it was a fabulous trip! Thanks for sharing! (...just added another item to the bucket list!)

Pinkjewel, I realize this is an old thread, but I'm too curious to leave it alone. Did you end up getting your Eyris pearls?

Pinkjewel, I realize this is an old thread, but I'm too curious to leave it alone. Did you end up getting your Eyris pearls?

Hi Rebecka- in the end I decided against purchasing them. The price was actually quite reasonable I think- it was RDG Jewelers in New Zealand who was selling them and they were going out of business and liquidating their stock. It bothered me that the pendant and earring colors didn't match, and although the settings were lovely- they just weren't me. I decided I'd rather wait until I take a trip to New Zealand and I'd purchase one (or 2 :) ) as a remembrance of my trip. I do think they're beautiful

It sounds like you made a good decision. I hope you find eyris pearls that make your heart jump when you make that trip to NZ.

Back