Necklace Appraisal

DDRM

I have a Majorica one-strand 6mm 18" pearl necklace. The date on the back of the box is 1973. Does anyone know the value of this necklace? Thanx, Denise

I was married wearing a strand of 6mm Majorica imitation pearls-- they looked just fine with an enhancer. Although the size is small, people do buy them! If you have the certificate and box you may get a better price.

Here is the current sold listing page on eBay, specifying 6mm (there may be other listings that didn't specify the mm size in the title-- to see those, delete the 6mm in the search on the eBay page):

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Jewelry-Wat...kw=majorica+6mm&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Last edited:
They are pretty pearls, Caitlin...I still wear all of mine.

I still have the original 6mm strand I got married in (I don't think I ever photographed it though) but over the years I acquired some 7mm, 8mm, 9mm and 10mm too.

My mother wears the strand my grandmother gave her (when I was in high school) literally day and night. Good thing I restrung it with Power Pro...one day she even took a shower with it on. And it still looks good after all those years. They are sturdy but they can be damaged with the usual culprits-- hair spray, perfume.

Back