MY DUCK with ANTIQUE PEARL

Bodecia

Pearl Designer & Collector
Hi All,

This is a very recent purchase and I adore the pearl which is antique and well what else can I say. Not sure on exact size yet but around 7 x 5 mm or close to it. Set in a Duck, the duck has been broken away from the brooch but who cares. I intend to remove the pearl anyway.

I think the duck is rather cute but still I collect antique pearls ;) not ducks. I will have to think of something to do with the ducky as the enamel work and diamonds are very pretty. Just they are not pearls.

Please do let me know what you think.

Dawn - Bodecia
eBay Seller ID dawncee333 - natural pearl collector and all round pearl lover.

Attachments

• B duck.jpg
    B duck.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 25
Hi Caitlin,

I haven't been able to get into town. But I am sure it will be waiting for me in town tomorrow. Hopefully my ring will be too but that might not be until next week.

Will take some photos as soon as possible.

Thanks for asking. And congratulations on your gorgeoous pearl and rose gold set from Jeremy. You must be ecstatic.

Dawn - Bodecia

Hi All,

My Antique Pearl Duck brooch/pin has arrived although I haven't had time to take more photos yet. Will get around to it in the next couple of days.
The pearl is gorgeous and so is the little enamel & diamond section. Now I feel very conflicted about what I am going to do with it. The duck/pearl/diamond has clean broken from the brooch/pin but who wears pins or brooches these days.

But the pearls is a stunner and will take loads of photos for you. It is not flat bottomed but a full baroque natural pearl. I will probably, after taking photos and drooling over it, will pop it away nice and safe until I make up my mind what to do with the pearl.

Dawn - Bodecia

Back