Morning! Buttons vs round studs...

Hello

Does any one know if plastic beads are used as the nuclei because I have some pearls ( yes I know real pearls) and some of the nacre has worn off and the exposed bead is smooth like plastic? Plastic is organic so theoretically it could be used as a nuclei.

Hello

Does any one know if plastic beads are used as the nuclei because I have some pearls ( yes I know real pearls) and some of the nacre has worn off and the exposed bead is smooth like plastic? Plastic is organic so theoretically it could be used as a nuclei.

I've never heard of any real cultured pearls with plastic bead nucleuses-- perhaps you could start a new thread for this topic?

I agree with PD, but that Galatea fellow uses gemstones inside pearls then carves the pearl down to the gemstone. Other than that is is mussel shell. Maybe Mikeyy will comment.

The earrings have been purchased, and I so look forward to seeing them. I will post pictures here with the necklace to finish up this thread later. Thanks for all y'alls help!

[ Omg, those Galatea pearls look gorgeous on the website! I wonder how much they cost, probably a lot... The website only has item numbers, no prices or retailers. I will be looking into this further. Thanks for mentioning them. If nothing becomes of it, at least they are pretty to look at. ]

Ditto. platic is rarely if ever used. Research proved the nacre did not hold as well. MOP, organic, is used most often.

Back