Mabe Pearl holders

Taz

Hello,

I am after some ideas/links for containers/packets for loose mabe pearls.
I have gotten a hold of some 'packets' that are a little larger than a business card and hold up to two pearls separately at one end. While I would like some more I am not sure where they are made and wouldn't mind something a bit less bulky anyway.

What do people on here use? Something that makes them easy to display would be prefered.

Thanks in advance!

Taz

Have you tried those transparent jewel cases? I'm not a huge fan because I don't like the top of the case bumping and/or possibly scratching the tops of the mab?s, but it will keep them from moving around and they are easy to look at and see your pearls (they look great all set up in a booth, too!). For now, I just use the little plastic baggies, individually numbered and labelled, but that also isn't a great long-term storage plan as I'm sure you already know. ;)

download.jpg

Rio looks like they have an interesting box that will keep your mab?s suspended - I don't know about top clearance though.

download (1).jpg

Oohhhh - I LIKE those! Very clean and professional looking.

Thanks for the suggestions! Yes I've used the jewel cases before and went looking for them first but at the moment I can only get them in black locally but I'd like white.
The pearl will be fine with the rubbing in those I'd say (unless they are loose it should only be when you take off and put on the lid and it is a smooth surface). I don't like the pressure it puts on a pearl but you can cut the foam down from the back, it just gets a bit fiddly when you have to do heaps of em!

Rio Grande's boxes look very cool! They are def more of a display box though, and a bit spendy for the amount I'd need. I would like a couple for a few other ideas though so thanks for sharing =)

Hmmm ... What about DIY? Get some double-sided earthquake tape (or similarly sticky material) and mount the mab?s on some burlap or other interesting material - I find that white, pale grey or tan are the best colors for showing off pearls, with as little distracting texture as possible. Mount that in a cool-looking frame, spray with gold or silver paint, and voila! A beautiful display stand. :)

earring frame.jpg

Instead of a single initial or monogram, you could brand the background with your company name. If you stuck with local craft and antique shops or even the Goodwill, you could display like 30 pcs for no more than $25

Back